XXI

Hagrid stood in front of the classes in the middle of the forbidden forest on a beautiful sunset that stuck on the horizon. Everything seemed to be covered with a thin sheen of frost, melting away by the hot radiant heat from the sun. Incidentally, it was the fourth year classes; which was mine, and the rest as following from the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Rubes stood proudly, explaining his experience with different kinds of creatures. Some students were fascinated by his stories, and others such as Malfoy were nagging Jonathan. Michelle stroked my back gently while Tiana rested her head on my shoulder. They thought I would be sad after yesterday, but once again, it was easier to turn off emotions than feel them.

After the incident yesterday, Cedric followed me all the way to the Hufflepuff's common room. He was the one talking the entire time, how 'apologetic' he was. It wasn't only the betrayal that caused my emotions to shut down, but the fact I gave him something so private to me and shared it like a 'pawn shop' to his collection– the same way Jonathan put it about the necklace. That also made sense the day he made out with me when I first saw his chain.

All along it was Cho's gift to him; and by the fact he still wore it, something obviously was going on.

Hagrid slid over to the side, and a creature with the colouring of a giant eagle – large white-tipped wings, and a curved yellow beak stood a couple of meters from him. Everyone appeared to gasp, except for me gawking over its beauty.

"Hippogriff!" Hagrid roared happily, waving a hand to it. "Beautiful, isn't it? His name is Buckbeak. The first thing you got to know about a hippogriff is, that they're proud. Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one, because it might be the last thing you do."

Argus snorted with a mile-wide smirk on his face, crossing both arms against his chest. "That's what my brother was scared of? Pathetic."

"Well, since you insist, Malfoy." Jonathan pushed him ten feet closer to Hagrid from the mass of students that, simultaneously, were slowly backing away.

Malfoy's expression ranged with fear within a second, trailing his feet back to his remaining spot near the tree. "That's not my job."

Michelle chuckled witnessing his pathetic facade. "Looks like somebody can't live up as a Malfoy."

"Shut it, mudblood." Argus snarled at her.

Cedric stepped closer to me as I stood completely still with eyes locked on Buckbeak. He jerked his head close to mine, to which Michelle and Tiana took a step forward, shooting a disgusted glance. "We have to talk."

My feet took a step forward, tilting my head back at him with a stern look. "Can you not? I'm trying to listen to Ha-"

Diggory grasped my arm and strolled me back into the crowd of students, all the way to the end to obscure us from any goggling eyes.

I yanked my bicep from his grip, to which he took a step closer as he lowered his tone with a set expression. "Listen, my reasoning is pretty explainable. She kissed me, I didn't kiss her back. Cho wants to try again, but I told her no. That's why you saw us. I'd admit the necklace was from her, and that was my mistake. All the other girls had nothing to do with her, except for Brenda. Both Chang and Brenda were close friends."

"I already explained myself, you crossed-eyed raccoon," I barked at him, finally returning my courage. "If you don't stay the fuck away from me, I will personally bring you to hell."

He shrugged lightly, conscious of his words by now. "Alora, I like you. My feelings for you aren't a lie."

"You like me? I'll pass." I sighed heavily but maintained my composure.