I

My first day at Hogwarts didn't go as I expected. Never in a million years did I believe magic was real. Flying broomsticks, a wand that was dangerous enough to kill someone, and a school based on learning all those skills. It was already hard enough to accept that my mother was a wizard, but getting a flying letter in the middle of my exam wasn't up for debate. Once I got to read the letter after my exam, it came to my notice how many owls stood outside the window in the hallway — weird. However, I had wanted to leave New York for ages now, so it couldn't have gotten more bizarre once I read the title of the note;

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY.

At first, I thought it was a joke, and someone paid a zoo to release thousands of owls peeking in the window, but it was very clear I didn't know anyone who would pay that much money to do this. And second of all, It was hard enough to take this decision because it also meant I would have to leave my father and friends behind. My problem was leaving my family behind, but my father kept nagging me to go and how important it would've been for my mother. That's how I found out my mother was a wizard after a long talk with my father. He insisted on paying for the plane ticket, worth around five hundred dollars, to travel from America to England; that was already a lot to pay off, knowing my father was struggling with money already, but he wouldn't let it slide. Also, to keep it a notice, My mother died mysteriously after giving birth to me, and nobody talked about it, neither my father or his family. I've never met anyone from my mother's side, so I was more related to my father's side than my mother's.

After having a long talk with my father, I finally gave in and took the plane ticket. It was extremely emotional having to say goodbye to my dad, however, my little brother, Jacob thought it was pretty cool. He been begging me to have my room for ages, and now that I was finally leaving for a whole year - it started off a new beginning for him.

When I arrived at the train station, it was hard to find Platform 9 3/4 now that the number didn't exist. I asked a couple of strangers, and they questioned me as if I was a maniac; but oddly enough, I saw a couple of gingers running inside a brick wall that made them disappear like magic. They didn't see I was staring pretty hard until their mother, I suppose, flashed a nervous smile once she saw me. I exchanged it back and asked for guidance, to which she told me to run inside the wall. We debated on it because I didn't want to get injured with a couple of broken bones, but the two twins I nervously shook hands with forcefully pushed me through the barrier, and that's when the trickery happened.

Once I entered the Wizarding side of King's Cross station, I was greeted by the gingers and their parents with a heavy Estuary English accent once they appeared through the wall. One of the boy's names was Ron, and he eagerly insisted on shaking my hand first.

"You're so pretty," Ron told me, although it felt like he was having a nervous breakdown. I laughed at him until the two twins interrupted him and shook my hands simultaneously with a humorous smile.

"I'm George," Said the quite tall and lanky guy until his twin replied right after him. "And I'm Fred."

"You must be-"

"New here." They talked in sync and finished their sentences together, almost hard to comprehend.

However, they were all sweet to me. As well as their parent, Molly, and Arthur. Their entire family was hyperactive compared to anyone I've ever met. But there was one person that stood out the most. He didn't look like them with his witty brown hair and round glasses held together with a lot of sellotape; Harry Potter. He was shyer than any of them when I shook his hand, but I could tell there was something special about him. Not because of his weird scar across his forehead, but his shyness couldn't hide the positive ambiance around him.