III

•

We were all seated on a light brown wooden desk that had the carvings from years of previous students engraved into them. I sat beside Tiana, and Michelle sat on the desk beside us. The students all had their heads down and their noses in the final chapters of Intermediate Transfiguration, quietly studying the text Professor McGonali told us to read. However, Cedric wasn't there.

The feet of the chair scraping against the hard wooden floor became loudly annoying. At the sound of the chair scraping against the floor, everyone's heads shot up from our textbooks. McGonagall stood up from her desk and made her way down the steps from the platform where her desk sat, her heels clicked on every step as she made her way to the blackboard.

"Alright, class, I have decided to make a list of which you'll be seated next." Professor McGonagall said softly yet sternly.

The heavy wooden door gave in a loud creak, and soon Cedric eased himself past it. All eyes were on him, and he awkwardly seated himself in the back.

"I'm certainly glad to see you here, Diggory." McGonagall snapped with her eyes darkening.

I peeked back at Cedric, and he had a nervous smile nudging out of his lips, almost nerve-wracking for him.

"Alright, students," McGonagall projected her voice so that all of the students could hear. "Get up from your seat. When I say your name, find yourself a place to sit together."

Tiana groaned quietly and leaned up toward me, whispering into my ear. "I rather die."

A chuckle parted my lips until I heard Professor Minerva McGonagall begin.

"Dixon Shoughun and Tiana Belrose." McGonagall glanced around until Dixon got up from his seat, flaring through his nostrils.

Tiana Let out a loud shrug and grabbed her books, trailing over to her new spot. Michelle crossed her arms and gazed over at me, rolling her eyes irritatingly.

I honestly didn't think it was that bad, despite barely knowing people. For a new student, it makes it ten times better when you meet new people and bring them around as much as they do.

"Cedric Diggory and Alora Celestina."

My mind blurred completely once I came back to reality, barely moving a muscle in my face. A shiver went down my spine once Cedric walked up and placed his book on the desk. Our eyes met when he seated himself.

I crouched onto the seat, cringing from sitting beside him. "Don't try to bother me. Do you hear me?"

Cedric leaned against his chair with both arms crossed. "Try not to get intimidated by me, git." He said in a husky voice and smiled in spite of himself.