XI

The library was pretty crowded today. Students wandered back and forth from shelves after shelves, preying on a book for homework and other reasons. The huge windows at the back of the library gave a magnificent and outstanding look while also bringing a sparkly light into the room. The sun was slowly creeping back up after a chilly season.

Michelle and Tiana had their hands full today, based on the fact we have the assignment to finish up. It's teamwork, except I choose to stay away from mine; Cedric Diggory.

I sat in front of a wooden table alone, skimming through a book about the Diggory family. Although I found out the truth, I have yet to find out what their relationship was like. Now that everything wasn't included in their marriage, there were holes in the story.

AMOS DIGGORY.
Blah blah blah..... He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures in the British Ministry of Magic..... Boring... Cool... His favorite color is yellow. How odd?... Ah, there we have it!

Unfortunately, Amos Diggory and Alora Celestina got divorced on behalf of the court decision based on Celestina's request. Their marriage came to an end based on their difference. However, Celestina came out with a statement she was suffering because Diggory attempted murder — but it has yet to be verified.

Unexpectedly, Cedric came out of nowhere and sat across me, snatching the book out of my hands before closing it. "We have an assignment together."

"That's Michelle's seat," I informed him. I was lying, but he ended up smiling.

"Michelle's not here, is she?" he pointed out. "Now, assignment?"

I've been avoiding him for three days since finding out he has feelings for me. It wasn't purposely done, but it's something I still had to swallow. Even when he would be around, I could feel an odd feeling of shyness creeping up every time I saw him. It wasn't like this before, not until the truth had been revealed — that's when everything changed.

I sank into my seat and slid the book back. "No thanks."

"What is going on with you lately?" He popped an eyebrow and tilted his head as if examining me. "You have been acting awfully... Different."

"Okay..." I paused for a second, realizing how distant my emotion had been lately. "Leave, thanks?"

Cedric crinkled his eyes in slits. "Are you still expecting a sorry?"

"No," I took a deep breath and opened the book as a blockage from catching the sight of his face. "I don't care anymore."

He took a deep breath and tilted his head. "Can you look at me?"

"No."

"Alora," his voice was more profound. "Put the book down."

I gave a disapproving gesture, continuously flipping the pages. He abruptly seized the book from my hands and placed it beside him while adding a grave expression.

My gaze met his with fatigue. "What?"

He shrugged lightly, conscious of his words by now. "You heard Professor McGonagall. We have to work together. Besides, it would help if you had more practice."

"So what?" I huffed and crossed my arms. "Can you leave me the hell alone?"

"Alora, cut it off," His voice drifted off. "You can be mad at me as much as you want, but I won't allow myself to get failed."

I sighed heavily, crackling with anger. "Too fucking bad white boy, not everybody gets what they want. If you didn't switch up after a kiss..."

"We didn't kiss," Cedric frustratedly ran his fingers through his hair. "What don't you understand?"