Christmas Special

Harry got up early on the first of December and snuck out of the bedroom, leaving a sleeping Louis behind.
"Hi, it's me, Harry. Welcome to the Christmas special! Louis likes to sleep in but I'm excited to start decorating our house so I'm gonna bring in our Christmas decorations."

With a cameraman behind him, he went to their storage unit in the back garden looking for their Christmas decorations. He took Clifford with him so he could have his morning pee.
"I can't believe that it's December already. I love this time of year. Christmas is all about spending time with your loved ones and you get to make your house pretty. Best of all, it's also Louis' birthday."

He dragged several boxes inside and opened them up.
"Alright, Louis was the one who took down the decorations last time. He's not exactly the organized one." Harry chuckled.

He cleared the dining room table and unpacked the boxes, trying his best to sort their decorations into piles.
"It's a mess! I always make sure to put the decorations for each room in separate boxes. Louis has another approach." He laughed.

The man in question came strolling into the dining room.
"The bed was empty. What are you... seriously? Already?"

Harry giggled.
"It's December sweetums. Come on, go get the sweatshirts!"

"Do I have to?" Louis groaned. Harry gave him a look. "Alright, alright, jeez."

Louis walked out of the room and Harry smiled at the camera. Louis returned a couple of minutes later wearing a blinking reindeer sweatshirt. He handed over Harry's matching one with a grumpy face.
"You look adorable!" Harry cooed and gave him a quick kiss before he put his sweatshirt on.

"Yeah, yeah. Can we at least eat breakfast first?" Louis muttered but he smiled when he looked at his husband in his reindeer sweatshirt.

"Of course." Harry agreed.

They headed to the kitchen and after a wholesome breakfast, they started to decorate their house, while listening to Christmas songs and singing along to get in the Christmas spirit. Louis defrosted quickly.
"I actually like this tradition." He told the camera.

They spent the whole day putting up decorations inside the house. Then it was time for the outside lights. Harry offered to get up on the roof but Louis immediately stopped him.
"Absolutely not! You're so clumsy, sweetheart. I don't want you to fall off."

"When have I ever fallen off the roof?" Harry huffed.

"Never, since I'm the one who always gets up." Louis chuckled.

"Oh, right. We have this conversation every year." Harry giggled.

"Yep." Louis smirked.

"Okay, but be careful!" Harry pleaded.

"Always." Louis smiled and pecked his lips before he grabbed the lights.

Harry went to get the ladder and when Louis had climbed it he handed him the big reindeer. Louis placed it on the roof and Harry took a step back.
"A little more to the left."

Louis moved it.
"You know, we could actually pay someone to do this for us."

"Where's the fun in that?" Harry questioned.

Ten minutes later Louis had organized the lights as well and climbed down. Harry immediately hugged him.
"I'm glad that's over."

"I thought we were having fun?" Louis teased.

"We are! But I want you safely on the ground." Harry said.

Louis caressed his cheek briefly and they returned inside and Harry made them some hot cocoa to warm up while Louis made a fire in the fireplace in the living room. They sat on a blanket in front of it and drank their chocolate. Clifford fell asleep next to them.
"So, we're hoping that you'll have a wonderful December and a fucking awesome Christmas." Louis said.

"Yeah, we sure will. Take care and remember to be kind to each other. This world needs more love." Harry smiled into the camera.

"Bye." Louis said.

"Bye, Merry Christmas!" Harry waved.

"Merry Christmas!" Louis echoed.

The End