Episode 7

"Hi guys, Harry is in the shower so I'm gonna tell you what's up. We're in L.A. Harry thinks that I have to go and promote my new single with Steve and he's been a bit cranky about it to say at least. My baby is turning 23 today! Can you believe it? I can't. Anyway, so he probably thinks that I'm the worst husband ever who has forgotten about his birthday, and I feel kind of bad, to be honest. Since we were on a plane I didn't wake him up with a cake. I haven't even mentioned his birthday. That's because I'm planning a big surprise party out in Malibu. I've been at it for weeks. I do have a promotion today but I've talked to Steve about it and he's gonna do it by himself, bless him. Harry on the other hand thinks that I will be away all day. Nick is helping me out and making sure that he will be in Malibu in time. Shit! Harry just turned off the shower!"

Harry came walking into their bedroom with a towel around his waist. He walked into the walk-in closet without a word.
"Yep, he's pissed." Louis stated before he got up from bed.

He grabbed his things and shouted.
"I have to go now. I don't know when I'll be back. Probably tonight. Steve and I are going out for drinks afterward."

Harry poked his head outside. He was half-dressed.
"Really? Today?"

"Yeah, we don't have any special plans, right?" Louis asked. He tried to hide a smile.

Harry glared at him.
"Nope."

"Alright, alright. See you tonight then. Have a good day." Louis smiled and walked over and smacked a kiss on his cheek before he turned around and left, winking at the camera.

As soon as Harry was alone he laid down on the bed with a huff. He rubbed both hands over his face and sat up with a deep sigh.
"It seems like my husband has forgotten something. My birthday! I know that he has a lot going on right now, you know, releasing a single and all, but I'm still disappointed. I not expecting a whole lot, just a happy birthday or something. A little appreciation and acknowledgment on my special day from my special person. I have a right to be upset, right? I know that I'm only turning twenty-three, but it's still my birthday and he's not even gonna be home. Well, neither will I then. I just have to celebrate it on my own. I'm meeting up with Nick in an hour. He's a good friend to us and we're going out for lunch. I bet he remembers my birthday." He muttered the last part and got up to finish getting dressed.

In the meantime, Louis had gone to Malibu to set up Harry's birthday party. He had rented cafe Habana for the night and invited a lot of people, including Adele, Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber, and their daughter Kaia. He talked to the owner about food options and drinks and made sure that they were on track before he went to buy a huge birthday cake for thirty people. He had preordered it. After dropping that off he continued to buy party decorations and presents. Since he didn't want to tip Harry off he hadn't brought anything from the UK.

Harry met up with Nick at a popular sushi restaurant.
"Happy birthday!" Nick shouted and gave him a hug.

"Thanks, man." Harry smiled.

A bunch of fans approached them to wish him a happy birthday as well and he stopped for pictures, hugs, and autographs before they headed inside the restaurant and made their orders.
"So, what have you and Louis planned for today?" Nick asked, trying to keep a straight face.

Harry's face dropped.
"Nothing. He doesn't remember my birthday."

He looked so sad that Nick almost told him everything about the surprise party. Almost.
"I'm sorry, mate. You know what? I know an awesome club. I'll take you out to celebrate your birthday."

"It's okay. I think I'll just make it an early night." Harry muttered.

"Absolutely not. I'm not gonna have you moping around by yourself. It's your birthday Harry. We're going out. I won't take no for an answer." Nick hurried to say.

"Fine." Harry sighed.

"Great! Now pretend to be happy about it." Nick chuckled.

Harry put on a big fake smile but then he burst out laughing.
"Thanks, Nick, I feel better. So tell me what's going on in your life?"

Louis had really gone overboard with the presents, mostly because he felt so bad for pretending to not remember Harry's birthday.
"He never holds a grudge though. I admire him for that. I can be quite the opposite and that's a personal trait I'm not exactly proud of. Harry is just love personated. He forgives easily and he's probably the nicest person I ever had the fortune to know. Fuck, I love him so much. So much. He means everything to me. But Harry is also not the moping by himself kind of guy, so he won't confront me for 'forgetting' his birthday. In the past we had some trouble communicating, I'm not gonna lie. He never told me when I did something to upset him. We have worked on that, as you might remember from the last show and the whole argument over a pan." Louis chuckled at the last part.

He went home to get ready for the night and luckily Harry wasn't home so he jumped in the shower and got ready for the night. Harry arrived back home just as he was heading out the door.
"Oh, hi love. I'm on the run. Gotta meet Steve. Don't wait up. Love you." Louis stressed.

"I'm going out with Nick!" Harry shouted after him as he was walking out the door.

"Great! Have fun!" Louis shouted over his shoulder.

Harry gave him a long look as he closed the front door.
"He's lucky I love him so much." Harry muttered.

An hour later Nick picked him up and drove them to Malibu. They stepped inside a cafe he had never visited before and thirty people jumped out screaming "happy birthday". His eyes fell on his husband standing in the front.
"Do you really think I would forget your birthday?" Louis smirked.

"You...asshole! I love you." Harry replied and hugged him.

They had an awesome night, drinking, socializing, and singing karaoke. Harry had already forgiven Louis for pretending to forget his birthday, especially after Louis held a wonderful, emotional speech later that night, declaring his love for him.