Episode 9

"Hi! It's me, Harry!" Harry grinned at the camera.

"And meeee, Louis!" Louis shouted.

"Are you making fun of me?" Harry questioned.

"A little. You're adorable." Louis cooed.

Harry put his tongue out and tickled him before he turned to the camera again.
"So Louis and I are in the states doing promotion. We've been going back and forth. The music video for Sign of the times dropped two days ago and the response has been massive so thank you so much."

"Harry is doing SNL!" Louis revealed excitedly.

"Again? You just spill my secrets every time, Lou." Harry chuckled in amusement.

"Excuse me for being excited." Louis pouted.

Harry smiled and pecked his lips.
"Then I have to reveal some exciting news too. Louis is working on a new song, a duet with Bebe Rexa! It's a great song!"

"It's alright, it's alright." Louis smiled.

"It's amazing! He met Bebe. They're recording the song soon." Harry beamed.

"Enough about me, back to SNL." Louis said, looking uncomfortable.

"We always talk about me. I'm proud of you too, Lou. Let me brag a little." Harry protested and pouted.

"You have a lot happening right now, love and I'm here for all of it. I'm still trying to find my way, what I want to do. I have my projects for sure, but I'm happy being your cheerleader for once." Louis said.

"Cheerleader huh? Do you want me to buy you an outfit? You would be super cute." Harry smirked and gave him a once over.

Louis laughed and rolled his eyes at him. They had arrived at the SNL studio and walked inside. Harry introduced himself to everyone, shaking their hands, no matter who it was. The cleaner looked absolutely starstruck as he approached her with a dimpled smile and shook her hand with a "Hi, I'm Harry. It's nice to meet you. This is Louis."

Louis shook her hand as well.
"Hello, darling."

Jimmy Fallon spotted them and walked over.
"Hi guys, welcome. Are you nervous about performing Harry?"

"Yeah. It's very different to be the center of attention on that stage." Harry chuckled lightly.

"And you're gonna smash it. You have the band there as well." Louis tried to encourage.

"True. Speaking of the band, where are they?" Harry asked and looked around.

"Rehearsal is two hours away. I'm sure they'll be here." Louis replied.

"The production the wants us to record a couple of teasers. Let me show you to your dressing room." Jimmy Fallon offered.

Harry immediately followed him, greeting people left and right as they walked backstage. Louis walked with them waving to people as well. As soon as they were alone in Harry's dressing room (except for the cameraman) Harry turned around and hugged him, tucking his nose in the crook of Louis' neck. Louis immediately wrapped his arms around him.
"I'm really nervous, Lou." Harry mumbled, tickling his skin as he spoke.

"It's good to be a little nervous baby. It keeps you on an edge. You're gonna be absolutely incredible and your songs are amazing. You can do this. You'll be brilliant. Brilliant, I say." Louis comforted him.

Harry took a deep breath, breathing in Louis' scent before he stepped out of his embrace.
"I better get ready."

They kicked out the cameraman while he changed. After hair and makeup, he got up on stage and discussed what they were doing. Louis stayed behind the scene watching. He laughed as they recorded the teaser for the show.
"It's perfect." He smiled into the camera.

Harry's bandmembers arrived and Louis greeted all of them. He had gotten to know them pretty well by now. They were all fantastic musicians and he was glad that Harry had the backup he needed to perform his music. Having live musicians had always been important to them during their One direction days and the first thing that Harry made sure of was that he put together a great band when he went solo. Louis planned on doing the same thing if he made a solo record of his own.

They took the stage to rehearse Sign of the time. Louis sat down in the front row to watch. He couldn't take his eyes off his husband.
"I know that I'm always gushing over how amazing he is but look at him. He was born to be up on that stage. He's a star. A major one that people will remember after we both die, grey and old. He's the real deal. He has got the voice, the charisma and he's also such an amazing person. He's so kind and sweet. Genuine. I'm so lucky to have his love. Crap, I'm getting emotional again, but trust me, I know how blessed I am. I just love him. With all I got. Love him."

He got up and clapped his hands when they were done and Harry gave him a bright dimpled smile and threw air kisses his way.
"Lucky." Louis stated one more time and made a heart with his hands for Harry while he cheered loudly.

Harry jumped off the stage and came running to him.
"You smashed it!" Louis said and hugged him.

"Thanks." Harry giggled but he looked relieved as he pulled away.

They took the band out for dinner after they had rehearsed the second song that they made sure didn't get caught on tape since Harry wanted it to premiere on SNL.

They had a great evening, said goodbye to everyone, including the filming crew, and went home to their New York apartment. They had bought it a couple of years ago since they both enjoyed New York and preferred their own place over hotel rooms. They had spent too much time at hotels during their One Direction days when they constantly were on tour. They had a house in L.A. as well, a couple of houses in England, and an apartment in Paris, since they were fortunate enough to have the money to spend.

They returned for another rehearsal at SNL the next day and the day after it was time for the actual show. Louis was up in the VIP section the whole time. Harry and the band kept him company when they weren't on stage performing and Louis was right, they absolutely smashed it.