Episode 21

"So I've spent the last month traveling around Europe with Harry for his shows and it's been fun. I've definitely got to see more than we usually did, you know, when we toured with One Direction, you know what I mean? I've taken the time to go sightseeing while Harry has been busy with preparations for his shows. It's a quite strange feeling, eh, you know, basically being on tour without being on stage, if you know what I mean? Ehm, what I have realized in these last couple of weeks is that... is that I do want to get up on that stage. Going on tour by meself, you know what I mean? So, I'm gonna go back to London while Harry goes to Australia. See the family. I miss me mum, to be honest. Figure some stuff out. Yeah."

He checked in his suitcase and smirked at the camera.
"Yet another airport, right? I'm looking forward to spending some time at home. Doncaster always reminds me of who I am. Just a lad from Donny."

Harry was currently on an airplane to Australia.
"I'm glad that Louis decided to stay in England. Even though I'm gonna miss him I always feel guilty when he puts me first, you know? I want to put him first too. I want him to do and have amazing things. As much as I have loved having him on tour with me I'm happy that he's focusing on himself for the moment. We need that. Otherwise, there's an unbalance in our relationship, and I don't want that. I don't want him to give up things just to be with me. It makes me feel like an arrogant son of a bitch, you know, egocentric, and I'm not! Louis' happiness means everything to me. Not that I think he's unhappy. He just have a tendency to put me first, always. He really gives 150 percent of himself no matter what. I love him so much for it, but I don't want him to forget about himself. Now I'm just rambling. Sorry." He smiled apologetically.

He sighed and leaned back, closing his eyes to rest.
"I miss him though. A lot."

Louis arrived in Doncaster and his sisters Lottie and Fizzy picked him up.
"Hi, big brother. Where's your better half?" Lottie asked.

"On his way to Australia. You'll just have to settle for me this time." Louis answered and hugged them.

"Too bad. He's way prettier than you." Fizzy teased.

"Yeah, and much nicer too." Lottie chipped in.

"Feeling the love here guys. Feeling the love." Louis muttered but he was smiling.

"You know we love you. Mum is beyond excited. She hasn't shut up about you since you called and told her that you were coming." Lottie laughed.

"I'm looking forward to spending some time with you guys." Louis said.

Their mum stepped out when they parked on the driveway. Louis hurried to get out of the car so he could hug his mother.
"Hi, sweetheart. Let me look at you. Are you good?" Jay smiled.

"I'm fine mum." Louis replied.

"You look a little skinny. Aren't you eating enough?" Jay questioned with a worried frown.

"Don't worry about me. Harry feeds me. He's currently experimenting with Asian food." Louis laughed.

"We know you're suuuper famous now but leaving your poor sisters to carry your luggage is uncool." Fizzy shouted from the car.

Louis turned around and burst out laughing.
"Give me a sec. Just leave it on the ground. I can carry my own bags, thank you very much."

In the meantime, Harry landed in Australia. After he had collected his bags he turned on his phone.
"Let's see. The time difference is not easy. It's nine in the evening here, which means it's noon in England. I'm just gonna give Louis a quick call. Sometimes we call each other in the middle of the night, waking each other because we don't think about the time differences. Hi darling. I just landed. Yeah, it went well. Miss you. Say hi to your family. Love you."

Harry hung up the phone.
"He just arrived in Donny. Alright, let's locate the hotel I'm staying at."

His security team brought him to a waiting car and drove him to a hotel. While a film team captured Louis' interaction with his family Harry said good night to his and closed the door to his hotel room.

Harry got up early the next morning to go out for a run. A cameraman tried to keep up.
"I run a lot. It's my way of coping with stress and stuff. You really clear your mind while you're running, and I get to see some of my surroundings. That's nice. I'm usually left alone as well."

A shower and some breakfast after that made him ready to face the day.
"I'm nervous about the show actually. Having Louis with me means more than I maybe have realized. I miss our time in the band. Don't get me wrong, being a solo artist is great and all, but we always had such a great time before shows. We had each other's back. I started off with a severe stage fright. The boys helped me overcome that, Louis especially. He used to crack jokes to make me laugh so I focused on something else. I mean, I hang out with the band now and they're awesome but it's not the same. We really did some crazy shit back in the day. Mostly teenage ramble. You know, pranks and stuff."

He smiled at the camera, remising about the old days. An hour later he was a nervous mess on the verge of a breakdown.
"I can't go up there. So many people. I don't want to let anyone down."

He was pacing back and forth, alone in his dressing room. Suddenly his phone rang and he looked at the display and a smile spread over his face.
"Hi, darling."

Louis was sitting in his bedroom back in Doncaster with a camera in his face.
"Hi love, nervous about the show?"

"Petrified." Harry laughed but Louis knew him.

"Take a deep breath. That's it. One more. Now listen to me. You are amazing and everyone out there thinks that too. You're gonna give them one hell of a show because you're fucking magical on that stage. I love you and I know you're gonna smash it. I will be there in spirit. Just imagine me up in that VIP box cheering louder than anyone."

"Thanks, Lou. I love you too. So much." Harry beamed. They hung up and he turned to the camera. "And just like that my incredible husband managed to make all my worries disappear. Alright, let's do this!"