Chapter 11

Ian

I was in bed, playing with my phone when Wells walked in dragging a half conscious Liam. I rose one eyebrow at him, "what's he doing here?"

Wells grunted as he tossed the boy on the bed, "how's someone so boney this heavy!" He complained, glaring at Liam who was now giggling like a little girl, his eyes closed.

"What's he doing here?" I repeated, putting my phone away.

Wells looked at me like I was the stupiddest person on the face of earth, "would you rather him sleep in his room?" He questioned.

"Uh yeah?" I said in a duh tone.

Wells face-palmed, "you must be the dumbest person on earth. You want him to sleep in the room he shares with doll face in this state?" He raised an eyebrow.

I shrugged. I shouldn't care.

"What if he tries something!?" Wells cried. I tried to act as if I wasn't bothered. Liam murmured and attempted to get up, he called out Vanessa's name and collapsed. "She's in the same state." Wells enlightened. "Maybe even worse. What if something happens?"

I got up on my two feet, alarmed. I paced about, not knowing what to do exactly. Wells watched me, "go check up on her. Offer her a coffee or something." He told me and I darted out of the room.

I was just about to knock on Vanessa's door when it opened and Beatrice walked out, she gave me a surprised look. "What are you doing here?" She asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"I just wanted to check up on Vanessa." I told her.

She smiled, "where's Liam?"

"Uh, he's passed out in my room." I informed her. She chuckled, giving me a knowing look. I lifted my hands up in the air, "it wasn't my doing." When she didn't seem to buy it I said, "I swear."

She laughed. "Okay. I believe you." She said sounding like she meant the opposite.

"I was just going to check up on her and return to my room. I'll be sleeping on the sofa." I added.

She laughed louder, shaking her head. "Vanessa's outside getting some fresh air. I was bringing these to her." She showed me a blanket and a bottle of water. She handed them to me.

I took them from her hands and started off before she stopped me, "you don't have to worry about Liam, you know." She raised an eyebrow. "If you wanna worry about someone, worry about Felix." She told me.

I gave her a confused look, "but they're broken up, he assaulted her." I interjected.

Beatrice showed me a sad smile, "and it's not the first time he's done it. They always find their way back to each other." She almost rolled her eyes, I could tell that in her eyes, I seemed like the better option for Vanessa and I wasn't sure about that. "He'll come knocking on her door sooner or later and she'll melt into his embrace." She spat the words bitterly, a scowl on her face. "He's so fucken stubborn. You're not the first person to beat him up so bad. Liam almost beat him up to death twice, but he was back."

I sighed deeply.

"Goodnight." She said and went the opposite direction.

"Goodnight." I said back.

I found Vanessa outside, she was sitting on a tree trunk, her head held down low. I took a moment to study her from a distance, it pained me to know she'd let herself hurt so badly in the name of love. But I didn't dare judge her.

"Hey." I said softly when I neared her.

Her head bobbed up and she smiled, her eyes were almost closed. "I'm drunk." She told me.

I smiled, placing the blanket over her shoulders. She thanked me and looked down. I squat beside her, I could see that she was sad, I had no idea why.

I pushed a lock of hair behind her ear, "hey?" I made her face me, she was biting her lip and couldn't face me. "Hey." I said again. She raised her honey coloured eyes, "what's up?" I asked, my voice soft. "You okay?"

Her bottom lip quivered and tears welled up in her beautiful eyes. My heart broke. I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry on my shoulder. "I wish I never met you." She whispered.

I pulled out of the hug and searched for her eyes, what was going on? Between the two of us, she seemed like the one handling the whole thing well. Then she was pushing me away, literally. I wasn't balanced well on my feet so I fell on my butt. Was this her way of telling me she didn't want me in her life?

No, it wasn't.

Vanessa's hands flew to her mouth but it was too late, puke came out and landed on the glass, some on her tank top. She bowed and emptied her stomach into the glass. I stood up to help, I held her hair up and rubbed her back as she threw up.

I took Vanessa to her room and helped her into the shower, seeing her standing unsteady in the shower brought back memories, dirty delicious memories. I help her out of her clothes, once I did, I exited the bathroom and waited for her in the bedroom.

The sight of Vanessa in her lingerie would be stuck in my head for a while, and I'd suffer the arousal until I could forget, if I'd ever. How can someone be so beautiful? I'd often wonder. How was she so sexy? Everything about her, her lips, her breasts, her ass, her legs... everything was such a turn on. Whenever I was with her all I got were wild thoughts.

She walked out of the shower shortly, a small towel wrapped around her body, it didn't cover much. She searched through the closet and threw that T-shirt she loved over her head then crawled into bed.

I sat beside her and watched her get comfortable under the blankets. She showed me a tired smile and closed her eyes. I pushed a hair behind her ear, it was a habit. I was tempted to kiss her, but I held myself. I had to.

"Goodnight." She whispered.

I kissed her forehead, letting my lips linger there longer. I was pulling out when her eyes fluttered open, my face only inches away from hers', our eyes locking. My heart had stopped beating.

"Friends right?" She whispered.

I gulped, "friends." I whispered back.

Her eyes trailed down to my lips and mine did the same, then she grabbed my shirt, pulling me closer to her, her lips crashing into mine, she kissed me. Her mouth tasted of mint toothpaste.

Tempted (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें