{𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄}Merle Dixon

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 in the common room while the group ate breakfast. Soon Rick came in, through a door that made a loud creak as it opened and shut. "Everybody okay?" He asked, heading over to where Carl sat.

"Yeah we are."

"What about you?" Hershel asked, looking up towards the man.

Rick nodded. "I cleared out the boiler block." He responded.

"How many were there?" Daryl asked.

The Grimes man shrugged. "I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl."

Thea noticed how Rick didn't even so much as look at the baby. She knew that he and Lori were having a bit of problems but she didn't understand why Rick wouldn't even at least pretend to notice the newest member of the group.

Glenn stood up from his spot and looked at Rick. "Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies." He told the man.

Thea nodded in agreement. "You don't have to do it alone."

Rick shook his head. "No, I do." He said before walking over to Daryl. "Everyone got a gun and a knife?"

Daryl nodded. "Yeah. We're running low on ammo, though." He explained.

"Maggie, Thea and I were planning on making a run this afternoon. Dean and Thea found a phonebook with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula." Glenn piped in.

"Cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it. In case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well." Daryl said, nodding.

Rick nodded and started to walk away. "Good. Good."

"Rick!" Hershel yelled, but went ignored as Rick left the cellblock.

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀 𝐎𝐔𝐓 to the car she, Glenn and Maggie would be taking. Thea turned to face him as she leaned against the car door. "Don't get yourself killed out there." Dean said, shifting on his feet nervously. Something that he often did when he was left to talk with Thea alone.

Thea nodded with a soft smile on her face. "Don't go worrying about me, Dean-bean." She playfully teased.

Dean glared at her for the stupid nickname. The Thomas girl shrugged, titling her head. "It suits you." She told him.

"Call me that again and I'll cut all your fingers off." The boy only half threatened.

Thea laughed, raising her hands in defence. "No need to be so hostile." She said, playfully.

"Thea! Let's go!" Glenn called out as he climbed into the drivers seat.

Thea sighed and pushed away from the car. "See you later." She told her friend as she opened the backdoor.