Chapter 35

Cannon Fodder Chapter 35: I'm Not a Vampire 5: Warmth

Yu Ze woke up from his nap, straining his ears to listen for movement, but it was quiet outside, so he pressed the switch and climbed out of the coffin. He walked out of the room. The living room was not lit, the light of dusk that shone through the curtains looked a little dim. He was about to go to the guest room to wash up when a small noise came from the study, he froze.

He went to the study door and saw Ayr with his back to him, holding a small notebook in his left hand and leaning over to study the computer.

"Did you sleep well, little one?" Ayr was very sensitive, heard his movement and turned around to ask.

Yu Ze nodded. His eyes fell on the digital screen on the desktop when Ayr had turned around, and was a little surprised, "When did you buy that?"

Ayr said, "I just bought it not long ago, I had it expedited. But I've been following the instructions for a while, and I still can't figure it out." He shrugged his shoulders, "I wanted to install it before you woke up, but you should do it. I'm not good at electronics."

Yu Ze was touched. He wanted to buy it after he woke up, but he didn't expect Ayr to be so thoughtful, "Thank you."

He walked to the desk. After seeing the sign of the digital screen, his expression stiffened slightly. He had checked the information, this type was at least five figures. The tools he used to use for painting were all top of the line and he never cared about the price, but this time he was borrowing money to buy it. Originally, he was only going to buy a cheap digital board. Now he couldn't equate his painting with the digital screen, and silently wrote down the price, adding a debt to himself.

Ayr handed him the manual, "Here, you can see how to install it."

Yu Ze's mouth curved slightly, "No need to look, I can do it."

Ayr moved aside. Yu Ze quickly put the digital screen in place, opened the painting software that had been downloaded yesterday and looked at the screen with full of familiarity.

"This is also for you, bought together." Ayr reached out, holding a silver and white phone in his hand.

Yu Ze wanted to refuse, "It's too expensive and I can't use it."

"How can you not use it? When I am working, you can contact me in time, and besides, you young people like cell phones the most. I bought the most popular one on purpose, and my contact information is stored in it." He said, taking out a black model and shaking it, "I just got a new one too."

Yu Ze had to take the phone and silently added nearly five digits again to the debt, "Thank you."

Ayr rubbed the top of his hair, "What a polite little guy, but we already know each other very well so there's no need to be so polite."

Yu Ze tilted his head slightly, not waiting for him to say anything. Ayr naturally moved his hand away. Yu Ze then didn't say anything, he was very weak at this point. Ayr was so nice to him because he thought he was a newborn vampire.

But he wasn't!

He pursed his lips and made up his mind to work hard to earn money and to leave as soon as his independence was recognized by Ayr. Otherwise, he was sure that the longer he stayed, the more he would owe.

"Come on, let's go eat." Ayr patted him on the shoulder and turned to walk out of the study.

After eating, Ayr went out to work and Yu Ze went to his study to draw. Although he decided to pay Ayr back, he still remembered what he had promised, and the first painting was for Ayr.