Chapter 2

Cannon Fodder Chapter 2: Phoenix Awakened 2: Looking

Yu Ze arrived at the fifth floor and poured different amounts of nutrient solution for different flowers according to the original's memory. As he was watering, the door was heavily pushed open with a clang. He was startled and looked over to see a young man in a dark red suit and tie staring at him angrily, his face red from the wine he had consumed.

Feng Hai!

His heart tightened. From the memory of the original, he had received Feng Hai's communication before he died, and the emotion of anger and resentment attacked him. He tightened his grip on the handle of the watering can and took a small step back, staring at Feng Hai warily.

Why did Feng Hai come over in person? Didn't he send someone over to have him send him flowers to the banquet hall?

"What did you do?" Feng Hai raised his hand and pointed at him, questioning loudly.

Yu Ze steadied his mind and pointed to the brightly colored flowers in front of him, "Watering the flowers."

Feng Hai waved his hand, "That's not what I'm asking! Why did father ask me to take you to him?"

Yu Ze's heart was shocked and his scalp tingled. Feng Hai's father, Feng Sheng, was the one who started the death of his predecessor. He was not mentally prepared to meet Feng Sheng.

Without waiting for Yu Ze's answer, Feng Hai then said viciously, "I'm warning you, be honest. Don't think you are a Feng family member because your last name is Feng."

"I am not a Feng family member." Yu Ze said immediately. If he could, he wouldn't want to be named Feng at all.

When the Feng family name was mentioned, he would feel a chill on his back.

If he could, he wanted to take Xie Wan and leave the Feng family immediately. Unfortunately, Xie Wan's salary was almost entirely spent on Feng Ze's studies and her own medical treatment, and they had no savings at all.

He was helpless. For the first time in his life, he was worried about money.

"You know what you're doing," Feng Hai grunted lightly, muttering 'wimp' with contempt, then turned around, "Come with me."

Yu Ze was a little hesitant to leave the watering can. There were still two pots of flowers that had not been watered with the nutrient solution, and most of all, he was a little scared to see Feng Sheng. He didn't understand why things were going differently when he had only been here for less than an hour!

Feng Hai took two steps and realized that Yu Ze was not following him, so he impatiently urged, "Hurry up."

Yu Ze saw him like this and knew he didn't want to wait for him to finish watering the flowers. Also, it was impossible for him not to see Feng Sheng, so he had to put down the can and follow him.

When he arrived at the first floor, Feng Sheng was already waiting there.

Feng Sheng's tone was gentle, but his words were very direct, staring at Yu Ze as he asked, "Did you meet Long Yuan on the third floor?"

Yu Ze was surprised, he didn't understand why Feng Sheng cared about such a small thing. Thinking about Long Yuan's previous situation, his heart tightened. Could it be that after he left, Long Yuan jumped off the building again?

He nodded his head, "Yes."

Feng Sheng asked again, "What happened?"

Yu Ze promised Long Yuan that he wouldn't say anything, and he didn't do anything bad, so he said, "Nothing."