Chapter 18

Cannon Fodder Chapter 18: Phoenix Awakened 18: Confession

Long Yuan stared at the ID that confessed to Yu Ze in the forum, wanting to fight with the real person behind the anonymous identity immediately. How dare he covet his person?!

"What's wrong? Received bad news?" Yu Ze walked smoothly from the door to Long Yuan's side. When he saw Long Yuan's face, his pleasant mood turned to worry.

"No." Long Yuan quickly turned off his bracelet so that Yu Ze wouldn't see even a word. He hadn't confessed yet! How could he let someone else get ahead of him?! He put his hand on Yu Ze's shoulder and looked straight at Yu Ze, his tone was rare with tension, "I have something to say to you."

Yu Ze's heart tightened, "What's happened?" Could it be that something has happened to Xie Wan?

Long Yuan deflated and suddenly felt that the atmosphere was not appropriate, "Nothing happened."

Yu Ze relaxed and looked at him suspiciously, "What do you want to tell me?"

Long Yuan's left hand hanging at his side squeezed tightly. He really was not a squirming character and so the idea in his heart came out, "I like you."

Because of the nervousness and excitement, his voice was uncontrollable and a little too loud.

Yu Ze was dumbfounded.

Long Yuan looked at him and spoke very fast, "Let's fall in love, or just get married."

"Huh?" Yu Ze was even more dumbfounded.

Long Yuan frowned in annoyance and felt as if he had scared Yu Ze. He slowed down his speech and lowered his voice, "I'm serious, I like you. Will you be with me?"

Yu Ze's heartbeat suddenly jumped wildly, and his ears were filled with the sound of his heartbeat. Surprise, joy, shyness, all kinds of emotions mixed, and then gradually dissipated with a faint bitterness.

He clearly knew at this moment that he was fond of Long Yuan. The joyful emotions that rose and fell so suddenly, he could not ignore them. But he was only a missionary, surviving in this world for a hundred days, then the mission would be over.

His eyes were sore and he hurriedly looked down to avoid Long Yuan's burning gaze. He took a moment to slow down before answering, "I'm sorry, I can't say yes."

His voice was slightly muffled, sounding heartbreaking.

Long Yuan saw his reaction with his eyes and felt lost. The person he liked was so kind, so guilty of just rejecting someone's confession. He couldn't bear to force Yu Ze, and his finger caressed the end of Yu Ze's eyes, "I was too anxious, don't feel pressured. I just want to tell you the words in my heart." He paused and increased his tone, "I can't be behind others!"

Yu Ze felt warm and sour; he rejected Long Yuan but Long Yuan comforted him. If only this was the real world. His eyes became more sour.

Long Yuan's voice was much lower than usual, "Be happy. Being liked by me shouldn't be that bad, right? You're blowing my confidence."

The softest part of Yu Ze's heart seemed to be hit by something, and his tone was choked with a sob, "You are very good, it's my fault."

What's wrong with him?

Long Yuan wrinkled his eyebrows and his tone became serious, "First of all, if you don't like me, you can reject me. I am confident that I can make you like me, but I definitely won't accept your rejection if it's because of my family background." Only then did he ask, "Why did you reject me?"