Chapter 20

When Percy opened his eyes he was no longer in the throne room, he was in a town in Ancient Greece, but this town looked brand new, no ruins or anything modern in sight. He walked around, looking at all the buildings. "Hey, I have been looking everywhere for you." He turned around to see a woman, she looked like she was in her mid-twenties early thirties, she had long light brown hair and deep blue eyes. "Your dad wanted a guard to follow you but I offered instead, figured you were out here to see your eraste." He looked at her, his cheeks heating up, "I was hoping he might drop by, but he has his jobs to do, he might not be in town today." The woman chuckled, "What's his name?" Percy looked at the sky, smiling, "Apollo." 

The memory changed to Apollo and Percy sitting in a field, they were watching a couple bunnies play around. "Zeus needs Artemis and I to go on this next hunt. I will be back as soon as it is over." Percy looked at him, "Okay. Please be safe." Apollo nodded, kissing Percy's knuckles. "Can you do me a favor?" Percy looked at him, "What is this favor?" Apollo smiled, holding Percy's cheek, "Don't die." Percy chuckled, "I do not have a war to fight, I will be fine." Apollo smiled, but it soon fell, "There is one brewing, in the north. I may not be back before it starts." Percy looked at the sun god, "Do you understand my duty as a soldier?" Apollo nodded, sadness in his eyes, "I do, my love. That is why I fear this war. I fear you may not return to me, to this field." Percy held his cheek, "I can not promise to return, but I can promise to try to come back my love, but I might not be required to fight in this war in the north." Apollo smiled, looking Percy in his eyes. "I hope not, I don't know if I would survive if you were to die." 

The memory changed again, this time Percy was in the front lines, he was in armor and had a sword and shield. "Alalaiiiiii!" Everyone yelled charging forwards, it was a mess of swords and yelling. The Spartans were the ones left standing, Percy looked around and saw how many lied there dead. Sadness formed in his gut but he kept his demeanor heading back to his horse to ride back with the troops.

The memory changed multiple times again, he watched dates with him and Apollo, more battles, he even watched a performance, before the final memory played in his head. Percy and Apollo were sitting on a hill, "Would you like to play with a discus?" Apollo chuckled, "Yes, I would love to." Apollo summoned two discus, handing one to Percy. "You going first?" Apollo asked, looking at Percy.  "Okay." Percy got into form and threw the discus, it got picked up by the wind and flew a long distance landing the far end of the field.  Apollo chuckled, "Well, that sure was far, my love." Percy looked down, a smile on his face. "My turn huh?" Percy smiled, nodding. "Okay, ready?" Percy nodded, standing behind Apollo, as he threw the disk. The disk flew up into the sky, cutting through a couple clouds before the wind got a hold of it. The wind seemed to through it back down, hitting Percy in the back of his head. Percy gasped, falling to his knees, "Apollo?" Apollo looked behind him, to see Percy on his knees a hand on his head. He watched as Percy removed his hand it was covered in blood. Apollo shook his head running towards him, "No, please no, Hyacinthus. Please don't leave me." He cradled Percy as his vision starting spotting. "Please move on, this....wasn't your, your, fau-faul-fault." Percy coughed, gasping. "Good-bye my love." Apollo said looking down at Percy's lifeless eyes. 

Percy sat up gasping, looking around him, he saw Artemis and Apollo at his side, his dad looking down. "It was bound to happen, but I didn't think it would happen this soon." Percy looked around, before touching the back of his head, "I...I don't understand..I.." Apollo grabbed his hand, "Hey, can you tell me your name?" Percy nodded, "Perseus, but...I.." Apollo looked down, "You remembered it all?" Percy looked around, "That was memories? But I wasn't alive during any of that..." Artemis looked at the young god with sympathy, "Re-birth Percy." Ares stood up, "Wait, so he is supposed to be Hyacinthus?" Percy looked up, surprise on his face, then sadness, "So none of this is real?" Artemis slapped Percy's head, "You idiot, you just remembered it all, how would you remember feelings before anything else?" Percy grabbed his head, expecting it to be wet. "Sorry, I forgot you just remembered that..." Apollo looked down, "I am truly sorry." Percy looked at him worried and annoyed. "If it is true and I am that guy, didn't I tell you not to be sorry, that it wasn't your fault. Weren't you watching the wind? The Discus was thrown by that."

Percy realized he said too much when  Apollo started to shake with rage. "Shit!" Percy said before jumping on top of Apollo. Apollo turned red with embarrassment, before his rage returned. "Percy, please get off of me." Percy shook his head, "No, you are not going to fight someone over something that happened a thousand years ago." Apollo looked at Percy, his eyes pleading, "Please." Percy shook his head, a smile on his lips. Apollo looked down at his lips, before meeting his eyes, Percy chuckled leaning forwards, kissing him on his lips. 

"I am glad you guys are happy and all, but can you not kiss in the throne room." Zeus said, Apollo and Percy turned red, getting up off the floor. "Wait, how was I able to remember my past life?" Percy asked, looking at his dad who was still red. "Uh..when you became a god, the Lethe no longer had effect because your soul became one." Percy nodded, looking at Apollo, "We need to have a conversation." Apollo looked down, expecting this was different that it actually happening, "Okay." Percy walked out of the throne room, trying to process everything he just learned.
As they shut the door they could hear a few gods wolf-whistling.