chapter 1

Percy and Annabeth were walking along the beach, talking about the events that will be taking place in a few hours, when Nico came running up towards them.

"Nico!" Thalia screamed, running out of the woods, face bright red.

"Sorry!" Nico said real quickly after bumping into Percy, turning his head enough to look at him.

"It's okay. What happened?" He asked, stepping between the two, and attempting to catch Thalia.

"She found out that I wasn't sleeping or eating..." Nico said, looking away from the group, trying to catch his breath. Now that he looked, Nico did have bags under his eyes and his arms were smaller.

"Neeks, you have to eat and sleep. She is only worried, okay." Percy said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Now, Thalia, if you know someone who hasn't slept or eaten in the past 48 hours, you don't chase them through the woods."

Thalia huffed, "What ever you say, Kelp Head," and went up to hug Nico.

He walked to his cabin after the evening events were re-announced at lunch. They would be sparring, one person from each cabin, Greek and Roman parents both. He was obviously going to be the representative for Poseidon and Neptune, as Tyson was not at camp today. He sat down on his bed for a few resting, until the shell was blown notifying it was time for everyone to gather. He walked over to where the other representatives stood, soon Chiron greeted them.

"Today we will be doing a sparring competition, now this will be a tournament, meaning if you win the first round you move onto the second and so on. The ones going first are...Pollux and Dakota. Same rules when training, maiming is okay, as long as no one dies." Chiron said then left to go announce the first two to the crowd.

"The first round is Pollux and Dakota."

Everyone erupted into applause. They walked into the arena, and pulled their swords. Dakota charged at Pollux with his gladius. They fought for a good 10 minutes before Pollux got the upper hand and got Dakota on the ground with his and Dakota's sword at his throat. Chiron came out to them as Pollux handed Dakota back his sword.

"Good job Pollux." He said then gestured for him to go wait with others, Dakota left to sit in the stands.

"Next round is... Nico Di Angelo and Thalia Grace!" He announced as they came out.

As soon as Chiron was off to the side they started to spar. The match lasted a good 15 minutes, but experience had to bow to training. Nico went to sit with Dakota and Thalia went to stand next to Percy.

Chiron came back out and announced the next round. "Next is Percy and Annabeth!" He said then went off.

The two walked out, drew their swords and fought. Annabeth seemed to have the upper hand but a series of events led to her loss. Percy swung his sword under her feet, she jumped right as he stood up, and he swung again as she landed catching her off balance, leading to her falling. Annabeth's sword went flying, as he had disarmed her after her fall. When she fell he pointed Riptide at her throat, after Chiron started walking towards them, Percy helped her up.

"Winner!" Chiron yelled then motioned for him to go wait with the others, Annabeth sat down next to Nico.

"Next is...Jason and Hazel!" He announced. The two came out with their weapons and got into a stance. Hazel drew her Spatha, while Jason flipped his coin and got his sword. After a good 10 minutes Jason unarmed Hazel.

Chiron came out to announce the next round when the Olympians flashed into camp, and sat down among the campers. They were in the front row to watch the final 7 rounds.