Chapter 17

Percy and Poseidon appeared in the middle of the crowd. "Lord Poseidon, Prince Perseus." An old merman greeted. He had a blue shirt that looked to be made out of died seaweed, his tail was a green, a green only seen on land. 

Percy watched as a beautiful woman swam forwards. She had long black hair, horns coming out of the back of her hair. Crab claws on each side of her head. Her eyes held power, courage, and love. "Amphrite." Poseidon said smiling. "My lord." Percy watched, slowly going backwards behind his father. "Perseus, I am not going to harm you." Percy nodded, not moving from his spot behind his fathers arm. "Your like a baby merman. Not one to leave a loved ones side." Percy blushed going further behind Poseidon. Triton watched as Percy hid from his mom, wondering if he to was like that or if because of his god heritage he just matured at a very young age.

Poseidon chuckled, "Percy, why are you hiding. No one here wants to hurt you." Percy watched Amphrite's every movements. "Step-Moms are scary.. I don't want to be killed or turned into a plant." Poseidon looked at his son weirdly, "And what gave you the idea this would happen?" Percy looked at his father. "Lady Persephone is constantly turning Nico into plants and Hera has had a grudge against Thalia since she was conceived not even born yet." Poseidon chuckled, "Perce, Amphrite won't act like that. She blames me, every time I cheat not the children. In fact she loves kids." Percy nodded, coming out from behind his dad being met with Amphrite holding out her arms. Percy shook his head, she nodded instead holding out her hand. "Hello Percy, I am your Step-Mom Amphrite. You can call me Amphrite or Mom or anything you feel comfortable with." Percy nodded, looking down shaking her hand. "You look so much like your dad." Percy looked down, "I get told that a lot." 

Delphin swam forwards, "Lord Perseus its good to see you again." Percy cringed, Poseidon laughed at the face his son made. "Percy, it takes time but you will get used to the titles." Percy nodded, his eyes stone cold. 'I hope I never get used to it.' Triton watched as his brother's demeanor changed, the warriors in the crowd reacted becoming stiff, ready for a command. Poseidon noticed the change in his son and army. "Percy, I need you to look at me." Percy looked at his dad, eyes glowing teal.

"You know how one of your domains is warfare?" Percy nodded. "Your aura is a lot like Ares' can you try and tone it down a little?" Percy tilted his head, between his eyes and puppy nature Poseidon was tempted to deem his son a husky. "How do I do that?" He asked his father. "Concentrate on the air around you, look for your energy in it." Percy nodded, doing so, once he found it he nodded. "Bring it into yourself." Percy tried to literally grab it earning a chuckle from his dad. Percy then tried taking a deep breathe imaging the energy being the air he was breathing in. Once he finished the breathe everyone was calm, no longer clutching their weapons. "Good job Percy." Everyone around them watched as the glowing left Percy's eyes. "Now, to introduce you to the citizens of Atlantis. Perce this is Clyde, he is the resident teacher for all the children. He even taught Amphrite." In front of Percy was a child. He looked 10 at most but apparently he was old enough to have seen Amphrite grow up and teach her. He had green eyes, and green hair, his skin was a mixture of green and gold scales and human skin. Where legs would be was a long green tail that split into two at the middle. "Hi." Percy said nodding his head. He looked at Percy with confusion, "Why do you bow my lord?" Percy looked confused, "You are my elder, I am to show respect to those older and wiser, and so far you have done nothing to remove that respect." Clyde looked at Percy, a glint in his eyes, "You very much different from your older brother." Percy's eyes shined at the opportunity, "Which one?" Amphrite chuckled, "Yep, he is your son." Poseidon looked at Percy, a small smile on his face to see this side of his son again after so long of him not teasing and having fun.

Triton swam away, not wanting to watch as his younger half brother was awed and accepted into a city that didn't accept him willingly but instead did it out of fear. 

"Percy, this is Ira, he is the guard that assigned to you this morning. While you are here he will be at your side to help you around and make sure you don't get into trouble." Percy nodded, understanding, having been to enough different countries, that it is easy to offend someone by doing something that in America would be considered fine or even taught as a manner that may mean disrespect to others or is only done in your own space in other cultures. Ira was tall, he was buff, his chest was covered with a gold chest plate that was lined with seaweed. His tail was long, he had a sword attached at the waist. His tail was blue with gold and green scales seemingly to be placed randomly. He was tan and his silver eyes seemed to be deciding weather or not being his guard was worth it. At some point Ira had decided it was and moved to stand behind Percy.

Poseidon introduced Percy to the rest of the crowd, warriors, families, teachers, bakers. Everyone greeted him with a smile, the parents he met had sad but proud looks in their eyes. The kids all asked questions, like what his favorite land animal was, or what games he played with the humans. The warriors had asked about his favorite battle, weapon, or even war game. Poseidon watched as his son talked with everyone, "He is so much like you, even if I did blame the kids I would never be able to hate him." Poseidon kissed her cheek smiling, "Sometimes I worry because of how much he is like me, but not just Greek me. Even as a demi-god he had some aspects of Neptune in him, his control of Earthquakes, not including how he is in a battle with a group. His Greek side makes it so his instincts tells him to fight alone but he has the ability to fight with a group. He can speak Latin, no Greek should be able to even come to understand it, he can." Amphrite watched as Percy played tag with a group of children. 

"Apollo?" Artemis asked as she walked into Apollo's room. "What?" Apollo groaned, lifting his head off his pillow. "What happened?" Apollo turned his head, "He closed himself off. He is blocking me out." Artemis looked at the sun god, "Did he tell you why?" Apollo shrugged baring his head back into the pillow. Artemis huffed leaving a box of chocolates on the foot of his bed before walking out.