Chapter 8

"So, your son's domains so far, are Heroes, Storms, and Water." Zeus started. "That means he is classed as a minor god, if he were to gain a domain that is of a primordial or that hasn't been assigned yet he will then become a major god." Poseidon nodded, "So, we start training in a week, he will need help controlling forms. He will need help with his abilities. Until he has finished the training and is able to control his powers and forms than we will assign the jobs he will have with his domains." Zeus nodded, "Kymopoliea, you will continue your jobs, but while he is training you will teach him control over that domain, my son will teach him control over that domain. Don't need his emotions affecting the Demi-gods."  Percy gaped, "I have to work with Heracles?" Artemis came up behind him, "Don't worry, we all hate him." Apollo leaned over and whispered in his ear, "I think he even hates himself." Percy tried holding in his laughter, but failed in the end. Zeus looked at them, "Sorry, I didn't know this meeting was comical." Zeus glared at Percy, "Sorry..." Percy said trying to stop laughing, elbowing Apollo. Zeus saw the exchange,  "Apollo, back to your throne, please." Apollo coughed, "Yes, teach." Earning snickers from Percy and Hermes.

"Perseus, how good are you at controlling your water based abilities?" Zeus asked.  "Decent." Percy shrugged, "Percy, can you control it or does it control you?" Poseidon asked his son, worry on his face. Kymopoliea took a deep breathe. "Both, I guess, at times I have to fight for control." Poseidon nodded, looking at Kym, who nodded. "Percy, are you fighting for control because you don't want to loose control or because your scared of what will happen if you do?" She asked him, he looked down, not meeting anyone's eyes. "I guess I'm scared of harming people, scared of what people will think if I do loose control. You should see people's faces when I do anything with my powers." Kym put her hand on his cheek, meeting his eyes. "Little brother, its okay to be scared of hurting people, but...you can't be scared of your powers. You can't be scared of what people think of your powers. You have to be in control of them, if you are scared of your powers and try making a storm, it won't end well." Percy nodded, "I will work on it." Kym smiled, leaning in to kiss his forehead, "That's good. Now I got to go, I'll see you when we start your training." He nodded hugging her. Poseidon watched them interact a smile in his eyes. He was glad Percy would never be alone in this.

Percy watched as Kym flashed out of the room, he looked at his dad. "Hey dad, are you ever scared of what you can do?" Poseidon walked closer, "At first, yes. I chose the ocean, so I didn't always have these abilities, and as the stories changed so did my powers. After the stories stayed the same my powers were no longer shifting. I still get worried when my anger spikes and that causes reactions in the sea, but I have learned control, so has your siblings. It takes time, and yours will too." Percy nodded, a small smile on his face. 

Percy looked at Zeus, "Sorry, continue." Zeus nodded, "Percy, you will train with your dad for your control over water, Ares and Apollo will find out all the weapons you are good with, and as everyone here has training with one, you will be training with Apollo and Artemis to get some skill with a bow and arrow, shall it come necessary." Percy nodded, looking Apollo, "Sorry in advance." Apollo looked at his sister, "He can't be that bad..Right?" Percy looked the two, "I shot Chiron in the tail." Apollo looked at him, "Okay so its aim.." Percy shook his head, "Chiron was behind me." Apollo and Artemis gaped, "Behind you...?" Apollo asked. Percy nodded, "No one has wanted to teach me since.."

 Artemis looked at him, "Have you ever made a shot?" Percy nodded, "Once...I had to pray but..." They nodded, then looked at him, "Pray..you never.." Percy looked at Hera, "She was very active on the quest in the Labyrinth..." Poseidon looked at his sister, "Hera! What makes you think that you can get involved in quest, when even the parents of the ones doing the quest can't?" She looked at Poseidon, "All I did was give them a meal, pay their way through a farm, and answer a prayer. The quest before that one, Apollo gave them a ride." Hermes gapes, "His twin was kidnapped by the Titan Army, and Ares did the same on his first quest. Ares even gave them a side quest and had the thing the quest was about all while setting them up." Hera huffed, "Okay! Fine, I shouldn't have interrupted the quest, its not like I did anything wrong." Percy raised his hand, "Uh..you underhandedly threatened me.. If I am quoting this right...you told me 'As I recall, I voted to let you live at the winter solstice. I hope I voted correctly.'" Poseidon looked at Hera, "Seriously! Did nothing wrong?" Hera shrunk in her seat, "Dad!" Percy yelled. "I already forgave her....besides Annabeth got a few words...which may have gotten her a visit from a few cows...but." Apollo came up behind and wrapped a hand around his mouth. Percy grabbed his hand and flipped him over his shoulder. He twisted his arm and put his foot on his throat, "Perce?" Apollo croaked. "Oh shit!" Percy took his foot off his throat and helped him up, his arm and leg burning. "Sorry.." Percy said ignoring the burning.