Chapter 16

Percy was trying to control the storm he made, but Kym had to stop it again for the fifth time today. Percy huffed, splashing the water before storming off. "Perce!" Apollo yelled. "Let him be for a bit. He spent most of his mortal life having to learn control as his abilities grew, he had a good hand on that control...but..." Kym looked away moving around the water.

Apollo frowned, "I'm gonna go see if he wants some company." Kym nodded, moving the water as if she a stick in her hand. Apollo walked on the path Percy made running away from the lake. He spotted Percy sitting on a rock, kicking little rocks and dirt around. "Perce?" Apollo asked, walking closer. "Oh...hey Apollo." Percy said, tears falling down his cheeks. "Can I sit here?" Apollo asked, pointing to a rock next to Percy's. Percy nodded, no longer kicking the rocks and dirt. "What happened back there?" Apollo asked, concern in his eyes and voice. "Do you think I'll ever be able to control my domains? Even when I thought I had control over my urges, I was proven wrong in Tartarus. If Annabeth wasn't there that day...I.." Percy choked on sobs. 

Apollo looked down, "When D got his first domain, he was turning everyone's nectar to wine. When the big three first received there domains, it took them years to learn control." Percy huffed, "So it could be years.." Apollo looked at him, sadness in his eyes. "You had control over your powers, even down there you had control. Want to tell me what is currently going through your head?" Percy looked at Apollo, his eye red and teary. "I...I don't know what is going on..I have memories that aren't my own but they feel like they are, my powers no longer feel like my own...I keep hearing my friends but they are not here talking to me." Percy huffed, his sobs getting louder. "Perce, I wish I could help with the first two, but the last one...Perce you can hear them because they are praying. They are praying to you." Percy chuckled wetly, "Oh..." 

Apollo smiled putting his hand on Percy's cheek. "Hey look at me." Percy looked up, leaning into his hand. "You will gain control over your powers once again. You just need to give your body time to adjust to having domains." Percy nodded, "Okay." Apollo wiped the tears off Percy's cheek with his thumb. Percy looked down at Apollo's lips before looking back up to meet Apollo's eyes. Apollo leaned in meeting Percy in halfway, right before there lips touched, "Hey! Perce!" Kym yelled. They pulled away looking away from each other, blush on both of their faces. "Hey...Was I interrupting something?" She asked with a smirk. "Uh..Um...No!" Percy said standing up, he wiped his pants off and walking towards Kym.

"More training?" Percy asked Kymopoleia only to receive a shake of her head. "No, Dad wants you home for dinner." Percy looked at her weirdly, "Home for dinner?" Kym chuckled, "Its tradition, every time another sea child is born or turned immortal in your case, Atlantis holds a ceremony, the child goes to dinner with the family and spends the day with the people of Atlantis." Percy nodded, "Right...but why me? I am not someone who belongs in Atlantis. The only time I visited the whole city rejected me." Kym shook her head fondly, "Perce...Dad is king of Atlantis...making you a Prince, and the ceremony is to give you a chance to be accepted into the Court." Percy nodded, "Okay...but I didn't know I could be...I mean I am a child from an affair unlike Triton and you." Kym looked down, "Perce, you were invited by the Court, not just Dad..Amphrite wants to meet you, along with guards and defenses." Percy gasped, "Amphrite....my step-mom wants to meet me..." Percy looked down, "This isn't going to go well." Kym chuckled, "You may be surprised. She has been wanting to meet you ever since she heard you were now a god. She doesn't like getting attached to people who can easily die." Percy nodded, heading to his father's temple.

Percy went to his room to change before his dad came to pick him up. As he finished getting his pants on, a knock came from his door. "Yeah?" Percy asked. "Can I talk to you real quickly?" Apollo asked. Percy walked over the door, grabbing his shoes before opening the door. "What you need to talk about?" Percy asked, sitting on his bed. "Uh...what happened in the rock garden...." Percy looked down, he knew what he was going to do, and he knew it was going to hurt them both. "Nothing happened, we were talking that's it." Apollo huffed, "You know that's not true!" Percy refused to meet Apollo's eyes, because he knew all he would see is hurt, "Yes, it is. It was just a spur of the moment." Percy stood up grabbing his jacket, putting up a mask. "I have to meet my dad outside." Apollo huffed, "Pushing people away is not going to make it easier." Percy stopped in the doorway. "It keeps people safe." Percy's voice was stone cold, no emotion not even in his eyes. Apollo didn't know wether he should cry or if he should try and talk some more. As he opened his mouth to speak, Percy left the room, leaving whatever words Apollo was going to say in the remaining silence.

"Dad." Percy greeted as he walked out the door. "Son. You ready?" Percy nodded, faking a smile. He fought the urge to look behind him. Was it the right choice to push Apollo away, or will he grow to regret it. "Come on, then." 'Well it's too late to decide that now?' Percy asked himself. Poseidon flashed them both to underwater city of Atlantis, water and the citizens of Atlantis surrounding them. 'Great, go from one mess straight to another.' Percy thought.