Chapter 9

Percy looked around the room, he felt like he had multiple strings attached to him. "Percy?" Poseidon asked the young god. "Dad.." Percy said, confusion evident on his face. "Want to explain it to me?" Percy nodded, closing his eyes. "Uh..It's...." Percy opened his eyes, looking at his dad, "Its like multiple things are tied to...like you know when you mess with string or yarn and they get tangled, you can feel the ball of it by its weight." Poseidon let out a chuckle, "Those 'strings' are your domains." Poseidon's face became curious, "How many strings do you feel?" Percy closed his eyes, using his fingers to count. "Six...yeah six." Poseidon listed off the ones they already knew about. "Water, storms, the ocean, and demi-gods. Can you tell what the other two are?" He asked his son, Percy shook his head. "Apollo, are you able to tell?" Apollo looked at Percy, "No, but he knows his domains." Percy looked down, "Percy, what are your domains?" Artemis asked the god. "Storms, Heroes, Water, Oceans, Warfare, and...and...Poison." Percy said looking down. Poseidon looked at his son in understanding. "Percy, it is okay." Percy looked at his dad, Poseidon walked towards his son. "Percy.." Hestia looked at the young hero, "I know that a couple gods here have languages that coincide with their domains, do you have any?" Percy nodded, "Italian. Mine is Italian." Percy looked down, "What's wrong." Hestia asked the young god. "I now know Italian but can never speak it with Nico..." Dionysus looked Percy with empathy, "Perry, you do know that he may never choose rebirth. He might wait for Bianca and then he will want you to see him and his sister." Percy nodded, looking up. "Yeah." 

"Okay, Percy I need you to look at me." Poseidon told his son. Percy looked straight at his father. "Good, now focus on your height." Percy closed his eyes, after a few minutes Percy's body started to glow. "Good, now imagine your body shrinking." Percy did so, he opened his eyes to be at a human height. Percy looked around his to see everyone else has also shrank. "That's how you control your height, and your transformation to and from your true form." Percy nodded. 

Percy entered his bedroom, he went and sat down on his bed, Apollo sat down next to him, "How you holding up?" Percy looked down, "Everything is so bright and loud, I can feel water, but the closest source would be a few thousand feet below..." Apollo nodded, "You can feel the water because of it being connected to your domains. Your senses will calm down once you get over the shock, it will still be bright and loud, but not as much." Percy nodded, looking at the sun god, "I...I.." Percy paused, was he really going to confess, not knowing how long it has been. "I don't know how long it has been..." Apollo nodded pulling out a phone, "It has been a month since you started the process. It is currently August first." Percy nodded looking away. "I turn eighteen on the eighteenth..." Apollo nodded with a smile, "Your golden birthday.." Percy groaned, "Everyone says that but what does it even mean.." Apollo laughed, "It is just when your age matched your birth date.." Percy looked at Apollo, "What is the point?" Apollo laughed, "There is none. It's just a silly mortal thing." Percy nodded, "So, I am guessing you will be wanting to celebrate." Apollo nodded, his face glowing. Percy laughed, "Fine..just keep it small." Apollo nodded flashing out.

Poseidon walked into the Dining Room, "Amphrite?" Amphrite looked up to see Poseidon walking in. "My lord?" Triton looked up and greeted his father. "So...he completed the transition. He is currently staying on Olympus..but...." Amphrite walked up to Poseidon, grabbing his arms softly. "You want him to stay here?" Poseidon nodded, looking at Triton, "You guys will be okay with that right?" Amphrite looked at her husband, "He is a child. I will not blame him for his birth when he had no choice in it." Poseidon looked down, "Thank you..." Triton got up and went to leave, "Son!" Poseidon called out to Triton, "Promise me you will try to be nice to him...We are all he has left. He can't see him mother unless its over IM...and he can only see his cousin when she is free." Triton nodded, "I will try, no promise that I will be nice, but I will try to." Poseidon frowned but nodded, not wanting to argue with his oldest. Amphrite put her hand on his cheek, "Hey...I will talk to him, but you should prepare Perseus just in case." "Percy...he prefers to be called Percy...He doesn't like the meaning of his full name." Amphrite nodded, "To destroy..No one would like that meaning.." Poseidon nodded, "I sometimes think Neptune also had a hand in his creation..Percy is like the perfect mixture of a Roman and Greek...He has Neptune's abilities along with mine." Amphrite looked at her husband, "If he is than that means that he has double the protection." Poseidon nodded touching their foreheads.

Apollo enters the throne room, a smile plastered on his face. "I am confused...did he finally confess or what?" Hermes asked. "Confessed?" Zeus asked. "No...I didn't..Percy has told me that his birthday is in 17 days." Hestia smiled, "He will be 18." Apollo nodded, "I....He has given me permission to throw him a party." Apollo said falling backwards with a hand on his forehead. "I swear..how did D get the domain of theater...This nitwit is so dramatic." Apollo sat up, "Hey! I am just excited...He gave me permission to throw him a party." Artemis looked at his brother, "What are the conditions?" Apollo huffed, everyone looked at him understandingly. "I have to keep it small, just us Olympians, his step family, and Thalia." Apollo looked at Artemis who nodded. "That makes sense, I knew he wouldn't let you have full control." Apollo huffed crossing his arms, earning a chuckled from everyone.

"How is he, anyways?" Hermes asked Apollo. Apollo sat up, uncrossing his arms. "He is adjusting, his hearing and sight are currently enhanced so much he is in pain." Hestia frowned, "His senses shouldn't have increased that much." Apollo nodded, "It might have more to do with the fact his blood and mortality changed, he still has his ADHD and Dyslexia." Hermes nodded looking at the sun god. "So his ADHD passed over, and now he is struggling with it." Apollo nodded, "I got a party to plan..." Everyone laughed watching Apollo flash out of the throne room.