Chapter 7

TW: Needles

Kymopoliea walked into Percy's room, he was asleep drooling on his pillow. 'Must be family thing.' She walked closer and sat in the chair. "Kym?" He asked as he opened his eyes. She jumped expecting him to be asleep. "Ho...What...You were just asleep!" She shouted. "Yeah, and? I woke up, big deal." She shook her head laughing.  

"So..the storm.." She said looking at him. "What do you mean a storm?" She shook head, not surprised. "Dad did the same thing with me. Try hiding my strength. Ran away when he realized how strong I was." Percy went wide eye, tears running down his face. "Everyone said he was worried, he was worried because I was different.." Percy let tears fall down his face. "He...he ran away after my eyes stopped glowing...Apollo said he was worried because of loyal I am and how much I care for others." Percy looked down, "So I was right...My powers just scare people away." Percy looked down, "Hey, did Apollo run?" Percy shook his head. "See not everyone runs, and who all did? I need to know their names." Percy looked down, "Just, you know, Leo, Annabeth...Piper....they ran....scared I was too powerful..." Percy's cries more audible now. "I won't run." Kym said grabbing his hand, "No matter your abilities, domains, actions, anything. I will not leave you." Percy nodded. 

Apollo was outside the door, he didn't mean to eavesdrop but things happen. Poseidon did run, it was a common known fact he abandoned Kymopoliea, one his father like to use against Poseidon.  He walked in after the conversation ended. "Hey. You ready for some more." Percy nodded the burning wasn't as bad today as it was the past two days. "Okay I'm going to give you bigger doses today." Apollo said as he handed Percy a plate of four crackers. After Percy ate the four crackers he injected four dosed of Nectar and gave him two cups of it. After those were gone, he gave him two full squares of ambrosia. 

Poseidon walked into the throne room to be met with Apollo and the rest of the Olympians. "Poseidon!" Apollo said, anger in his eyes. "You better not run, you better stay and help him." Apollo yelled at the sea god. "Why...why would you think I would run?" Poseidon asked his voice faltering, he knew exactly why. "You ran when Kymopoliea exhibited similar abilities. You ran when Percy caused that storm. Should I continue?" He asked. Poseidon looked down ashamed. "I know..Okay, I am trying. I don't want to run, I regret running from Kym, I want to be able to spend time with her, I want to apologize...I just don't know how." Apollo smiled, "You just did." Poseidon looked at Apollo, wide eyes, a questioning look on his face. "What? What do you mean?"Apollo pointed behind Poseidon to reveal Kymopoliea and Percy. "What...I..." Percy smiled walking towards his dad. "Why are you out of you bed, mister?" Poseidon asked looking at Percy, "And you miss, why did you allow him out of bed?" Kym smiled, "Have you seen his baby seal eyes?" Poseidon looked at Percy with a pointed look. "What? I did absolutely nothing." Percy said, giving off his best innocent look. "Okay...yep..those things are weapons." Percy pumped his fist into the air, earning a laugh from Kym. 

"You really meant all that?" Kym asked. Poseidon stepped towards her, "I was never scared of you or your abilities. I was so worried about who and what could hurt you because of them...I didn't know what to do." She looked up her eyes showing hope for the first time. "And Percy, I didn't leave the room because I was scared, I was beyond worried. I came to talk to Zeus than went and saw Amphrite. Speaking of, once you are no longer in pain and have finished your transformation. I will take you down to see her." Percy winced, "You sure...cause us demigods don't usually get along with the step parents...and its not because we cause it or anything." Poseidon looked down.."It might take a bit..but she will love you, especially the fact she gets to raise another kid. And since you weren't born immortal you will be like Apollo, you will have a human heart." Poseidon looked pained at that. "If Mr. D was also born mortal, why doesn't he?" Poseidon looked down, "He does, but he has learned to hide it, and not have emotions, Apollo was born immortal with human emotions, just enhanced." Percy nodded looking down.

Percy grabbed his chest gasping, alerting everyone in the room. "Perce?" Kym asked rushing forwards. Apollo went wide eye, "Another one in the same day?" The door of the throne room was knocked on. "Come in?" Thalia walked in, "Lady Artemis?" She asked before seeing Percy. "Perce?" He turned around, "It's gone...I..I don't..." Poseidon watched his brothers reaction very carefully. "No..I am fine with him becoming a god. I am fine with the storm he caused in the Atlantic. I however will not tolerate him taking my sons domain!" Poseidon looked at his brother, "And where was Heracles? Where was he when my son was there leading TWO wars?!" Poseidon asked his brother. "Can't they split it?" Athena asked. "I don't see why not." Apollo answered. Everyone looked at him weirdly, "Athena is the goddess of wisdom I however am the god of logic." Apollo said glaring. "Or..maybe the Fates have gotten tired of Heracles not doing his job and decided to pass it along." Hera said. "I can leave if need be." Percy looked at her, walking towards her, "Thalia, you aren't the type to just show up. What's up?" Artemis came forwards, "Lieutenant?" Thalia looked at Artemis. "Lady Artemis, the hunt has slayed the beast. We have set up camp near the city and are awaiting your orders." Artemis nodded, "Go ahead, you won't be able to for awhile." Thalia smiled, rushing forwards hugging Percy. "Thals, you aren't usually like this." Thalia let go, "I can't hug my cousin?" Percy nudged Thalia's shoulder, "That's not what I mean..You and Nico both usually throw a fit about me hugging you...what is going on with you to lately." "You dumb ass! You will be up here for 50 years. Nico will be 60 by the time you are able to interact with him," Every god winced. "me...I am hoping I will be with the hunt so I can make fun of him, but I won't see you for 50 years....I will be lucky to see you after..the Hunt keeps me busy." Percy looked down. "Oh shit...Percy..." Percy pulled Thalia into a hug, "It okay Pine cone face. As long as you promise to send me pics of death breathe okay, and get him McDonald's at least once a month..its all he likes to eat..and..and..." Thalia put her hand over his mouth, "Percy, I know. Its okay, they understand. I will take care of them, Reyna is trying to convince Annie to join the Hunt or the Amazons. Will is making sure Nico is good. Jason and Piper have moved fully to New Rome, they already started planning your temple you know. The Stolls have already made it a holiday to learn of the great deeds of Perseus Jackson. Did you know Chiron has a wall full of past campers, you are up with the greats. You have been put next to your namesake." Percy put his hand over her mouth, "Thalia...I am okay. Just keep me updated, I'd love to know what other holidays the Stolls have come up." Thalia nodded tears coming down her cheeks, "Hey, look at me." Thalia looked up, Percy wiped tears off her cheeks. "Percy, I am the oldest." Percy laughed, "Yeah, but Nico is technically older, so don't count." Thalia laughed, "Nico the 90 year old teenager." Percy looked at her, "Like you can say much 24 year old teenager." Thalia glared, "Oh I cant wait til your 24 but still look 17." Percy laughed shoving her shoulder again.

The gods watched the two interact, Hestia watched remembering when her brothers used to act the same way, before all the hurt, betrayal, and paranoia. Zeus and Poseidon watched missing the way they used to interact with each other and Hades. They look at each other, their eyes catching for a second before looking back to their kids.

"Thals, you got to go. Hey, tell Will and Nico I am passing down the camp to them. They don't have to lead like I did, just protect it. It's home, I'd hate to see it go." Thalia nodded, "No one will let any harm come to it, it has survived Evil Titans, Earth Goddesses, and a fight against you and me, I think it will be perfectly fine." Percy nodded watching as she left.

"You and Thalia fought and the camp is still standing?" Apollo asked. Percy nodded, "We weren't really mad at each other. Annabeth had just been kidnapped by the Titan Army, put with the fact I was used to leading with Annabeth and Thalia wasn't used to having to co-lead, put that all together with a violent capture the flag game with the Hunters...Well..let's just say the river was very low for a few days.." Demeter shook her head, "A mini Poseidon and Zeus." Everyone laughed, shaking their heads.