Long Yuan wrapped his arms around his waist, "No." He buried his face in the nook of Yu Ze's neck and rubbed against it, "I'll eat you, not them."

Yu Ze sighed with relief and was glad that Long Yuan's IQ seemed to have dropped, due to the transformation into a zombie beast, to a straight line of thinking. Otherwise Long Yuan would have been violent and he and the soldiers would have become Long Yuan's food.

He pushed Long Yuan's shoulder, "Let go of me, I have something to ask them..."

Before he could ask them for 'help', Yu Ze noticed Long Yuan's body tense up. His silver eyes reflected a layer of blood as he stared at the soldier on his right who was struggling to get up from the ground while covering his arm.

Yu Ze followed his line of sight and saw that the soldier's fingers were stained with bright red blood, which was emerging from his wounded arm and falling drop by drop on the ground.

Long Yuan's throat bobbed and let out an urgent low sound. He let go of Yu Ze and followed his instinct to go that way.

Yu Ze hurriedly pulled him in the opposite direction of the soldiers, "You said you wouldn't eat them, do you want to go back on your word?"

Long Yuan did not move forward, nor did he move, his eyes still fixed on the soldier.

Yu Ze anxiously thought about how to make him stop paying attention to the soldier and suddenly thought of a point. With his eyebrows raised, he asked, "You can not control the instinct? You can't talk?"

Long Yuan subconsciously retorted, "Of course I can control it, I'm not that weak!"

Yu Ze smiled up at him, "You are really good, I also believe you can control it. Let's go." His hands were firm.

The morning light fell on his smiling face and it was very pleasing to the eye. Long Yuan raised his hand and touched the corner of his lips, obeyed him and went along with him.

"How are you?" Ah Cheng climbed up and also helped his companion up.

His companion coughed twice, gasping for breath, "I'm okay. I'll contact the admiral."

Father Long received the communication and his voice snapped up, "What did you say?"

Ah Cheng said, "Young Master Yuan has been infected and has become an advanced zombie beast."

Father Long's voice sank, "What exactly is the situation?"

Ah Cheng explained the encounter with Long Yuan and Yu Ze, and Father Long responded, "This matter is confidential, I will have someone meet you immediately."

After hanging up the communication, Father Long contacted the head of Gretel University's Logistics Department Research Lab, "How is the research on the antidote for the zombie virus going?"

The person in charge sounded excited, "There has been a lot of progress, the mycelium-like material in the Mushroom Awakened can swallow the virus. Now we mainly need to overcome the difficult task of extraction."

Father Long said, "Speed up the progress. Many participants in this practical exercise have been infected with the virus, the antidote is important."

The Department Head replied, "Yes."

Father Long instructed, "Keep in touch with me if there is any progress."

Yu Ze pulled Long Yuan all the way to the south. He regretted that he was unable to borrow the soldier's bracelet to check the map and determine the best route back to school. Unfortunately, Long Yuan's condition simply did not allow him to stay any longer, so he had to pull Long Yuan away first.

For the next few days, he kept giving Long Yuan animals to hunt and eat.

When Long Yuan was not satisfied, he would change the species, thus trolling Long Yuan and making him expect that the next animal would be tasty. This way, Long Yuan would not beat him to the punch.

On this day, Yu Ze was dragging his robe all the way to where Long Yuan was staying, when he suddenly felt a sense of crisis and he quickly let go of the robe and ducked to the side.

"It's a pity." The cold voice had little rise and fall, a white shadow landed on the spot where Yu Ze was originally staying.

Yu Ze looked at him, a stranger, no, a strange zombie beast. It was a humanoid with a pair of wings, a mid-level zombie beast.

Yu Ze looked at his long blackened nails warily, "What do you want?"

The zombie beast looked at him greedily and raised his hand to point at his heart, "Take it out and eat it."

As soon as the words left his mouth, he attacked Yu Ze. Yu Ze quickly avoided it, but the other party had wings and was extremely fast.

The next attack came again but when the nail was only two centimeters away from Yu Ze's heart, a pair of jade white hands came from the side, grabbed the wrist of the zombie beast and lifted it back with force.

The zombie beast flapped its wings and retreated, looking at the person who ruined his good deed.

Long Yuan's tone was dark, "You want to steal him?"

The zombie beast was afraid of him and raised his hand in peace, "I thought it was ownerless, but," he looked Long Yuan up and down, "you're the one who transformed, right? I'll give you the zombie beast's heritage, this one —" He pointed at Yu Ze, "Give it to me, you're advanced anyway so you don't ne..."

Before the word 'need' could be said, Long Yuan's attack arrived.

"Dream on." Long Yuan's voice was cool and his attack was fierce.

The author has something to say:

Long Yuan: He is mine!