Chapter 10

I woke up to excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. It felt like I was being stabbed with needles. I wanted to just lay here until the pain subsided but that would mean getting the sheets all bloody so reluctantly I got out of bed and showered. Afterward, I quickly put a sanitary pad on.

I changed into sweatpants and a hoodie, and made my way to the kitchen. With the water boiling I looked through the cabinets for a hot water bottle but come out empty handed. So I emptied a coke bottle and poured the hot water into it.

It was to hot to carry so I wrapped it around a kitchen cloth and placed it on my abdomen. I instantly sighed as felt the pain slightly subside. I slowly walked back to my room and laid on the bed but the bed was too soft for my liking so I got off the bed and tried the carpet. Which I immediately approved of it was hard but soft, not too but also not cold as I was about to get comfortable I heard a knock on the door. Groaning I yelled 'come in' and turned to the door.

I tired looking Daniel walked in but as soon as he gaze landed on me his face turned into a confused one. " What are you doing"
With the pain and nausea I'm getting from my period my will to speak was very low so I glared at him and said what I could " Sleeping, get out" with that I turned to face the wall.

The door closed and I heard footsteps but instead of them going away they are getting closer to me. When I opened my eyes Daniel sitting in front of me. He tilted his head and scanned me from head to toe but his eyes eventually focused on the bottle that was particularly buried in my abdomen. I couldn't tell what he was thinking because his face was emotionless. The only thing that moved was his eyes. It was getting creepy and uncomfortable " what are you doing" I finally decided to break the silence.

" Looking " he replied. No shit Sherlock. Excuse my french " Daniel it's late go sleep you have work tomorrow " I say trying to get him to move.

His eyes finally meet mine, they were softer " are you sick " his hands moved to touch my forehead. To say that I was shocked by him caring would be a understatement.
" I'm fine now please go to sleep" I really didn't want him to know about me being on my period... That would just be weird.

" Do you usually sleep on the floor " he asked ignoring my question and looking at me like he was trying to figure out a crossword puzzle.

I huffed and got up in a sitting position with the bottle still clinged to my tummy. " Daniel " I whine, I was annoyed, tired, in pain and probably hungry too.

" Should I call the doctor, he makes house calls " Daniel says, still eyeing me like I'm a dying dog " yeah I'll call him " with that he got up to leave.

" Daniel" I hurriedly reached for his arm as he got to his feet. " I'm not sick nothing is wrong with me, it's just that time of the month" I say looking away. If you put my face next to a tomato you won't be able to tell the difference.

Daniel just stood there and looked at me like I said I had AIDS. " Time of the month" he said frowning, confusing evident on his face.

I groaned and stood in front of him. " Period Daniel, I'm on my period" I nearly shouted. Picking up the bottle that is now lukewarm I walked out leaving him standing there.

In the kitchen I heated some water again. I leaned on the counter as I waited. Daniel walked in at sat on the opposite side of the counter. I thought of asking him why he was here but just remained quite. Looking at the clock it's almost 3 am.

I refilled the bottle with the warm water and went back to my room and layed down on my bed. I keep rolling on the bed looking for a position where my abdomen doesn't feel like I'm laying on blades. The cramps down let me sleep and I end up crying like I always do.

°°°°

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I was still in pain so I decided to call HR and asked for a leave which I was granted. I easily went back to sleep after that.

Daniel pov

The house was unusually quiet. She has only been here for a few days but I have already gotten used her noise early in the morning.

It's almost seven and she isn't down yet. I knocked on her door but got no response so I gave a warning knock before walking in.

She was still in bed still asleep. I stood next to her bed and observed her.

Her hair was spread out on the pillow under her head. Her full lips were slightly parted and her breathing was even.

She's cute

I stared at her for a little while and decided to let her sleep. She must be tired, plus she probably had a hard time sleeping.

Once I settled in my office. I got to work.
I told my parents about my marriage and they agreed to give the business over to me. Everything is finally going according to plan by next week I will officially be taken over.

By lunch I was starving. Another thing I had gotten used to not having since she moved in.

In morning she would have to lunch boxes ready. Even if I forget to take it, I would always find the Tupperware in my work bag. We don't talk much but we have somehow gotten into our own unique routine.

Waking up in the morning to the sound of her music to her making us dinner every night. I thought it would be hard living with her but she's actually very nice.

Too nice for her own good.

I stood up and went to the front desk were you would find my assistant. " Vicky "

" Yes sir " she says looking up from her computer.

" I have a question" ---"it's quite personal though" I say nervously.

" Uhm okay" she's says sitting up in her chair giving me her full attention.

" What do you normally do when you are on your period?"

*****************************************

Hey hunnies ❤️

Short chapter I know.
Don't forget to vote and comment