Chapter 1

Amanda pov

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and grabbed my glasses from the bed stand. I then looked for a suitable song for the day and eventually gave into 'Backstreet boys.' With my speakers playing ' my love ' I made my way to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Today my boss Mr. Roots is celebrating the new contract that he signed and me being the company's advisor am very proud of our achievement.

I worked hard for the life I have now. I'm extremely introverted and I don't have any friends but that's okay...since I like being alone. Plus, people are distracting and I don't have time for that.

My Nona lives in the USA where she is receiving medical treatment for her heart problem. The medical bills just keep increasing and she isn't getting any better. MY student loans also need to be paid so to say that I was drowning in-dept would be an understatement and that's just the tip of the Ice Berg. Nona is the only person I have since my parents died and I vowed to do everything in my power to take care of her as she did to me. I studied hard, got into a good university, have a great job that I love and my boss is a very kind man. He reminds me so much of my father.

Unfortunately, I can not say the same for my colleagues.

I don't necessarily have the best taste in fashion and my thick glasses don't help my appearance. I'm not skinny. I'm a little on the thick side due to my thighs plus, I have small breast, so nothing is appealing about me. I rarely go out or party because I have more important things to do with my time. Yeah like watching cartoons and eating. let's not forget the bills too.

Once I was done with my self loathing, I got dressed in a white blouse and a black skirt...I put my hair into a ponytail and put my shoes on. Normally I make something nice for breakfast but today I settled for cornflakes. Once I was done I grabbed my work bag and left my apartment building.

As I walked up to my workplace. The decorations were up and Jake had on a different suit today. "Good morning, how's your day going so far," I said to the doorman.

" I'm great now that you are here, " he responded as he gave me a steady handshake " Big day today huh? "

" Yeah I'm very happy for the company... anywho see you at lunch. " I say as walked up to the elevator. I pushed the button and fixed my glasses as I waited.

Once the elevator arrived I walked in followed by two other colleagues of mine. Secretly known as broccoli and broccolis cousin.
" Good morning. " I said with a little wave.
Sabrina, the one with nice blonde hair gave me a disgusted look and her friend Anna completely ignored me. This situation happens almost every day and at first, I cried a few times due to the bluntness of their response but I got over it. I started work here two years ago and they made it clear from day one that I was a social outcast. I never dressed to impress nor did I wear makeup so from the information I gathered from watching mean girls...I literally qualify as the ugly duckling of my workplace.

Some also call me a prude due to my lack of sexual experience but that's something that never bothered me because I don't have time for stuff like that and I intend to keep that. Either way, it's not like I have guys hitting on me so I bet you a 100 dollars that I would have remained a virgin nonetheless.

Humming a song in my head always helped in situations like this. I rushed out of the elevator as soon as we arrived on my office floor and was met halfway by Mr. Roots.
" Good morning Miss Johnson, " he says as he passes by while talking on the phone. "Morning." I said with a big smile as I entered my office. I sat down at my desk and read my schedule.