Chapter 5

I entered my office with tears running down my face. I stood in the middle of the room as Daniel stood a safe distance from me. He stayed silent as I wept.

" Why are you still crying, I took care of it they will never disturb you again," he asks with an irritated tone.

" You want to know why? " I asked as I looked into his into his eyes and took a foot in his direction " because they are not wrong," I yelled

" I lost all rights to their respect the moment I commit that awful mistake, I lost my dignity the morning I woke in a stranger's bed," more tears ran down my face as I went on " Do you know how embarrassing that was!" I said as pointed at him.

I felt worthless and empty. I turned my back to him as I cried some more. I couldn't bear to look at him. It just reminded me of what a disgrace I was. Deep down I knew that I was overreacting and their tears were not really because of what happened but because of the emotions that were building up from all expectations of my sorry excuse of a life.

" If I told you that we had sex after marriage, well that makes you stop crying," he said after some time. I spun around on my heel to look at him. Confusing was the only emotion on my face as I faced him " Wha what do you mean" I stuttered.

" This came in my mail to morning and by the looks of things you probably don't remember much from our encounter," he said as hand me a folded paper from his pocket.

I slowly took the paper and unfolded it. My eyes went wide as I read. "This...this can't be, " I said as stared at the paper in disbelief. A flipping MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.

" I'm guessing you don't remember agreeing to marry me either," he said calmly watching my reaction. I only blinked as I re-read it over and over again.

" Please take a seat, we have a lot to talk about" I looked up at him as gestured for me to sit. I wiped my tears as I moved around the table to take a seat at my desk he soon followed and sat in front of me.

My glasses were foggy from all the crying so removed them from my eyes and used the bottom of my shirt to clean them, once I had them back on I faced Daniel who was already looking at me. " So we are married?" I asked trying to start the conversation. " Why, in my right mind would I agree to marry a guy I met at a bar "He has to be joking. The crazy man only stared at me some more.

" How? Most importantly Why?" I asked frowning and he just shrugged.

Oke.e something is really wrong with this guy.

" Okay okay," I said as placed my hands on top of my head.

Not only did I do the deed with a stranger but apparently we got married too.

Carrot cakes that's not good

" I'm here to remind you of the deal we made Amanda," he said leaning his elbows on my desk. He didn't wait for my response as he went on " Don't worry this is merely a business deal. You will be my wife for the next year and by the end, I'll give you 20 million which includes your Grandmothers medical bills and your student loans "My frown deepens as my confusion increases---but I'm more curious as to why I need to marry him. " Mind telling me why we need to get married "

"This agreement is beneficial to the both of us, My parents won't let me take over the business fully unless I'm married so if we didn't get married I would have been obligated to marry someone my parents chose, " he said in one go.

"I don't think I can do that Mr. Anderson, I barely know you," I said lowly fixing my gaze on my hands

" We don't have to know each other, my parents just need to know I have a wife plus we are already married as you can see " he amended.