I Can Be Bold Too

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Kieran's heavy gaze shifted to my face. Without even processing what I was doing, my eyes instinctively shot open. There in front of me, Kieran leaned over the bed with his arms crossed on the surface and head tilted as he peered dead into my soul, like he was waiting to take my existence into a chokehold. I quivered in the bed.

Kieran leaned forward, placing his face beside my ear, "Get up,".

I flinched at the low rumble of his voice. 

"Don't be shy," He taunted, "Ask him for help,".

I sank my teeth into my bottom lip so hard it went numb. Kieran leaned back just slightly, his eyes narrowed and lips lightly pursed together, and grabbed my face harshly. I yanked my head back but it was no use. I furrowed my eyebrows and locked eyes with him; once again, I upset Kieran with my anxious lip biting, caused by him.

"Alright," The man announced, grabbing our attention, "You're all set,".

Kieran still had his eyes locked on me, just for a while longer, strictly warning me not to move. Not to breathe, not to make a peep. To not even exist. Kieran let go of my face and stood up.

"Yeah?" He walked over to the man and continued their conversation as they left the room.

The room turned dark, surrounded well -more like drowned- in the tension between Kieran and I. I sat up, threw the blankets off me and rushed to the bathroom tumbling to the toilet and released all the held up food I had. I don't know how long I threw up for but my mouth tingled, my throat burned and my body went sensitive. I wiped my mouth and leaned against the toilet.

Kieran you such a goddamn asshole. Taunting me and messing around with me however you please.

"What happened to you?" He suddenly spoke.

My head flinched up. Too lost in my thoughts and emotions, I didn't even hear him enter the room. He leaned against the doorframe and raised an eyebrow at me. Kieran pushed himself off the frame, rolled his eyes and walked away. I looked off to the distance and sighed. I brushed my teeth and left the bathroom.

When I walked out, the sky was still dark. What time is it?

"I leave today," Kieran said, "Only for a week and a half,".

He sat in one of the chairs by the fireplace. I stood at the farthest corner opposite from him.

"You can try to do something but I'll be watching," He informed me, "Besides I don't think you want to get in trouble again. Do you?".
He obviously referred to the night he nearly killed me.

I gulped.

"Suriah," Kieran said, "You'll behave yourself, won't you?".

He turned his head to the side and checked me up and down before giving me a look. A look he used to get what he wanted from me. That manipulative glare.
Just tell him what he wants to hear.

I pursed my lips and swallowed my fear away, "Yeah,".

Kieran stood up, walked slowly towards me and I didn't realize I had backed myself up into a wall until there was no more space to back into. He cocked his head to the side and watched me like...a dog. Like his pet. He lifted my chin up. I only glanced at him.

"I'm sure you have some idea of what will happen if you don't," He reminded me, "I need my dog to behave while I'm gone,".

I grinded my teeth together and nodded.

He sighed and turned away, "The blinds will stay closed the whole time, there's enough food here for you and well, that's pretty much it,".

He's going to shut everything off? I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped forward.

"I can't look outside?"

"No," he answered, "Of course not,".

"And why not?" I snapped.

He paused at the door of the room, "Because, you obnoxious dog, a pet that doesn't behave does not deserve any rewards, any treats,".

"What?" I gasped.

"Maybe if you behave for once while I'm gone, you can get something nice," He smiled fakely, "But for now you don't get shit,".

I clenched my jaw together and looked down.

I don't deserve shit? Me? You 're the one who doesn't deserve shit. You're the worst person to exist and someone like you, especially like you, doesn't even deserve the bare minimum.
Kieran walked over, cupped my face in his hand. I jerked my head away completely unaware of who he was for a moment. The pent up anger and irritation not only blinded my sight but my basic intuition.

"Fuck you," I whispered.

"Excuse me?" Kieran questioned.

My burning shifted upwards at his appalling face. I gulped and balled my fists, "Fuck. You.".

Nothing rested on his face. Not a casual smile nor a single emotion. All visible to the eyes was a dark tint layered over his face, he eyed me with the same murderous eyes I've seen before. Although his aura was beyond suffocating, I didn't give one fuck. I was livid, beyond a word for how much anger and frustration I had inside me. All. because. of. him. He could look at me however he wanted, I could care less. It made no difference. This time, it was my turn to leave a mark on him.

Before the flash of violence crossed over his eyes, I swung my foot back and slammed it directly into Kieran's crotch. He yelped out, holding onto himself and as I made an attempt to run away he managed to grab a hold of my wrist, dragging me back. With little effort, he threw me to the floor and hovered over me. I pushed myself up and swung the strongest punch I had to his throat. But with my luck, my fist met his solid jaw. God fucking damn it. 

Kieran rolled his neck and chuckled at me as he stepped forward. He yanked my legs down pulling me closer to him and swung the back of his hand across my face sending a sharp sting through my face. He did it again. And again. Alternating between his palm and fist . I tangled his hair in my clasped fist, instantly releasing the minute Kieran's knees collided with my stomach.

I gasped out and crunched up.

Oh god. Oh my god. It hurts so much. I gasped and gasped, letting out small grunts and wriggling around on the floor. I dug my face into the ground, away from Kieran, holding on to my side as the pain shocked my whole body.

Kieran's loud steps left the room, slamming the door on his way out.

...

I scoffed out a chuckle. I finally rolled onto my back and exhaled proudly. I hit him. I laughed again and turned my head to look at the window. The sun peaked through the horizon, lighting the room with a bold pink, purple and orange. I smiled to myself, finally. I finally got him back. I didn't care that he beat the shit out of me just now, what matter was the fact that I was able to hurt him just a little. To see his face when he was in pain. When he didn't get what he wanted.

The blinds began to close automatically, hiding the sky away from me. I didn't look away from the beauty of the city and sky before the world was fully awake and free. I admired until the light of the world disappeared and left me in the dark. Under the watch of Kieran.

I looked away and from the corner of my eyes, a flash of red blinked in the distance. I turned my head towards the newly installed camera. I locked my eyes on it, as if I were staring into Kieran's provocative eyes himself. Fuck you.