Chapter 2 - Tom Slithers In

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Tom mentally examined countless hypothetical scenarios about how the evening's events may progress until his office door opened an hour later.

"Finished already?" He asked Harriet with a grin as she scowled at him.

"I suppose I am....For the day, at least." She answered.

"Were you going to apparate or use the Floo?" Tom asked.

"I usually take the Floo." Harriet shrugged.

Tom stood with a disappointed sigh, collected his hat, and the bit of work he pretended to have intention of completing during the evening before he followed Harriet out the door.

As the couple traveled through the Floo network a few moments later, Tom smiled as their bodies whirled through time and space.

It made him nostalgic to remember when Harriet had cuddled against his chest during similar travels.

—————————————————————

Between Harriet's inheritance and Tom's successful career as a politician, the Riddle residence had ended up as less of a home and more of a mansion.

Harriet had wanted the home's large parlor and massive ballroom to fill with friends during the social gatherings she had intended to hold.

Tom had wanted the plethora of bedrooms to fill with the children that he had intended for Harriet to bear.

Life had gotten in the way of their dreams.

Neither Harriet nor Tom had ever obtained what they had desired and the ballroom, parlor, and bedrooms all remained empty.

Their conflicting, busy schedules had prevented them from holding any large parties outside of Harriet's fundraising events.

The dilemma about children had been a frequently fought battle in the Riddle household and it remained at least one of the reasons that had prompted Harriet to file for a divorce, but neither of them mentioned that as they landed in the massive, stone fireplace at the front of the living room.

Tom and Harriet dusted themselves off before they stepped out onto the marble floor.

He had expected a bit of a warmer welcome as Harriet jerked her head towards the elegant staircase and nodded, "Well, go on, then. You know where everything is, I haven't moved much."

Tom scowled as he watched her walk away before he called out, "Where are you going?!"

Harriet stopped and turned around.

"I didn't realize you'd need a tour guide to show you where our bedroom is....Would you like me to draw you a map of the upstairs?" She asked sarcastically.

"I merely wanted to honor your privacy, Harriet." Tom lied with a respectful nod.

Harriet made a noise in her throat as she waved her hand dismissively and turned back around to walk towards the kitchen.

Tom narrowed his dark eyes at his rebellious omega before he went the opposite way and ascended the staircase.

He felt surprised that Harriet would allow him to be in the same room as her nest without her present, but he accepted the privilege as he glided down the long hallway and entered their bedchamber.

Tom turned on the lamp closest to the door and peered around the large room.

As fond memories ran through his mind, it startled him to see what a complete mess Harriet had made of the place.