He took his bloodied hand and held my face with it, drying my tears in the process. He couldn't talk but his eyes... his eyes told me everything I needed to know. His smile slowly faded, as life left his eyes. His hands dropped to my lap and his heart stopped beating erratically.

No.

"Luc... Lucas? No. No. Please! Lucas!" I held his hand back back on my cheek.

Why was I crying for this man? He made my life absolute hell and signed my brother's death certificate. So why am I bawling right now?

"It's because he saved you." It's as if Jaycee read my mind. He got on the floor and held me to him.

"He did some unspeakable shit but he did come through in the end. The fact that he still loved you, and kept track of your progress is what's making you emotional right now Lex. It's okay to cry babe. Let it out."

And so I did. I let it all out. The frustration of school. Of being pushed down that basement. Of Brad's bullying. Of my parent's accident. Of CJ's imminent death. Of Lucas's death. Jaycee just sat there, stroking my hair and keeping me safe. Because that's what he is to me; my safe place.

"I love you so much Alexis Pierce. So much."

"Oh my dear girl. My Lexi are you okay darling? Are you?" Annabelle came running to me, her FBI uniform making her look like a badass.

"Annie!" I got up and hugged her so so hard I felt her bones crack under my arms.

"Oh my goodness I'm so happy we got here on time! What... how? What happened?"

"It's a long story. But he came through. He...he came through."

"Lucas? He was the one who tipped us to your location. He swore to me that he'll always protect you fifteen years ago and I guess he kept that promise." She ushered to her people to come handle his body.

"It's CJ Annabelle. You need to save him. Please. I don't know what they did to him ... but ... but you need... please..."

"Jared! We need two medevacs right now! Patients are CJ Walker-Pierce and Jace Ross, both in critical condition!" She yelled out.

"And we need one more over here! Please!" Yelled out Giovanni.

I ran to see who it was and to my dismay, Alec Xander was lying on the floor, clutching his side. There was blood seeping out his wound.

"Don't worry babe. It's just a small bullet wound. I'll be fine." He coughed then regained his normal breathing. "And besides, if I die tonight, I would've done it for you. And that would be the only good thing I've ever done in my life."

"Oh Alec. It's okay. Don't say that. I know that they'll help you." I said, stroking his hair and holding his hand.

"Excuse me miss." Said one of the medics, as they bent down to stop the bleeding.

He gave my hand a final squeeze before letting go to be treated. Annabelle and Jaycee came to me with a blanket that I very much needed.

"They really helped us Annabelle. They don't need to be tried or anything." I said as we stood there, watching this rescue mission unfold in front of us.

"Illegal possession of weapons. Kidnapping. Aiding and abetting. Assault in the first degree. I mean the list goes on and on Lexi. But we'll see what happens."

"I won't stop do you hear me! I'm never going to stop until you're all dead!" Yelled out Blake as he was being dragged to the holding van in bright, grey handcuffs along with all his minions.

"What are you going to do about him?"

"Well he'll be tried for his crimes. Everything he's ever done to you. The murder of Luis. Using CJ as a test dummy for drugs. That should put him behind bars for a very long time." She took a deep breath, as if to calm herself. "He won't hurt you again Alexis. I promise you that. Thanks to Lucas, we have enough intel on him to make sure he never sees the light of day again."