The crucifixion of Elizabeth Pratt

Start from the beginning

When Andreas comes to mind, I lose all sense of reality.

"Let's go to the lounge room to talk." She huffs and follows behind me.

The lounge room is the nicest place in the dormitory. Huge couches, pool table, mini bar, and a flat-screen TV. There's a balcony that holds a table and chairs. Bean bags of all colors litter the ground. It's a Friday night, everyone is out at parties or hanging with friends. My one friend is out with her boyfriend, so I'm in for the night. I never pictured my night would be talking to my sister about the guy I love and used to have passionate sex with. 

To make passionate and disgusting love to you as you qua-

Alright, I've got to get my mind out of the gutters and focus on this conversation, with my sister. Oh, how awkward.

She starts the conversation.

"I know Teddy beating up Kam at the party distracted me away from what he said, but my mind is clear now and I want to talk about it. Teddy said, and I quote, "Don't you fucking stand here and lecture me, not after what you did to Elizabeth", end quote. Now, tell me what he meant by that." She leans back into the couch, the plush pillows sinking into her. She's wearing a mini purple dress with black platform foam shoes. I watch as she wiggles around her fushia toes, she must have just got them done. Bridget always keeps herself cute and primp, mostly for Teddy I'm assuming. She could wear a trash bag and he would still love her.

"He could have meant anything, really-"

"Don't bullshit me, Elizabeth Jane Pratt." Her face was glowing with anger. "Are you fucking Andreas, and be real with me." She waves her finger in my face.

Suddenly, I feel like a seven-year-old again, and Bridget's standing over me, waggling her finger in my face as she accuses me of taking her Bratz doll, which I did, but lied to her and said I didn't. 

I feel so small.

How do I tell her this? That this whole time I was sneaking out of her room to go over to Andreas's and fuck him. Almost every night I was over there. 

"Yes." Is all I say, looking at my fingers. I can hear her let out a breath, when I look up I see her eyes watering. "Why are you crying?" I asked. "We aren't sleeping around anymore, Bridget. He ended things, and I'm dealing with it. I'm good." 

"No, you're not." 

"Yes, I am."

"NO! You are not." She takes me in her arms, kissing the side of my head as she rocks me back and forth like a small child.

"Will you tell me why you're crying?" I asked, my mouth smothered in her shoulder.

"You didn't tell me about this. That means you don't trust me and I hate that that is our relationship now. You do things without telling me." Oh, Bridget.

I lean my head from her neck, looking at her face. My beautiful Bridget. My hands wipe the wet drops that leave her pretty eyes. "I didn't tell you because I thought you would judge me, or try to put an end to me and Andreas."

She tilts her head, "Of course, I would have." I just stare at her in disbelief. She sniffles, "Andreas, he isn't complete, he isn't put together." 

"How could you think those things about him," I say, incredulous.

"Look, I know him better than you do. I don't know the full story, but I know that he was hurt by some girl named Jessie, and he hasn't been the same when it came to relationships. He's Andreas Chen, a player, a ladies' man. He sleeps around but doesn't make any of them his girlfriend. Then you come along, a fresh new ass for him." 

I smack her arm, "Don't talk about me like that!"

"What! It's true, you have a nice ass, it's one of the things I hate about you."

"One of the things-"

"Yeah, there's a list. Anyway, you were something exciting for him, something he could play with. You, like the girl you are, fell for him-"

"I didn't fall for him-"

"Yes, you did Elizabeth. You forget that I know you like the back of my hand. You're not the type of girl that would randomly sleep with a guy if you didn't think it would lead somewhere. He stuck his magical penis inside of you and made you fall in love with him." She squishes my face with her hands. "You're too young, Elizabeth."

"I'm 18, about to be 19 in two weeks."

"So, you're still too young. I can't believe you didn't tell me, I'm hurt Elizabeth." She said sadly.

I pinch her cheek, and then kiss it, "What did you want me to do? Go to you and say, "Hey your roommate is blowing my back out." Get real, Bridge. It doesn't even matter now, it's over."

"You said he ended it, right?"

"Yeah." 

"What did he say?"

"Uh, he just said that things were over." I don't feel comfortable telling her what he said. If I did, I'm scared that she may kill him.

Her hand tightens on my shirt, "Tell me Elizabeth, or so help me god I will hurt you."

Awe hell.