Chapter 32: Gotham's White and Dark Knights

That evening Y/N was sitting on the Batpod, he was listening to the different audio frequencies that he could as he heard something happening with the ferries. These ferries where transporting Gotham citizens that did not want to say in the city. The fist group was one of civilians and the other holding prisoners from Blackgate.

"Fox?" He asked. "Something's happening with the ferries."

"Tonight, you're all going to be part of a social experiment," The Joker said as the sonar was able to pick up the man's voice. "Through the magic of diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate, I'm ready to blow you all sky-high. Anyone attempts to get off their boat, you all die."

"I'm zeroing in," Mr. Fox said over the comms.

"Each of you has a remote to blow up the other boat," The Joker continued.

"His voice is on the ferry, but it's not it's sorce," Mr. Fox said to Y/N.

"It's west," The voice of Natasha said, catching Y/N off guard as he started to speed away on the Batbod.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked her.

"Helping you, what does it look like I'm doing?" She asked, while leaving something out. For now.

Y/N had sent Gordon a message of the Joker's location at the Prewitt building and for his men to step up at the building opposite to it.

"At midnight, I blow you all up. If, however, one of you presses the button, I'll let that boat live. So who's it gonna be? Harvey Dent's most-wanted scumbag collection or the sweet and innocent civilians? You choose. Oh, and you might want to decide quickly, because  the people on the other boat may not be quite so noble," The Joker finished.

Y/N knew that this had to end tonight. Because with the Sokovia Accords looming over, there might not be another opportunity because Y/N knew that he would not sign them.

Gordon had done as Batman had asked him to do so. A group of men in S.W.A.T. gear and himself where on the rooftop of the building across the street from where the Joker was located.

"We found our mission school bus," One of the S.W.A.T men said while handing Gordon a pair of binoculars. "Then we have a hostage situation."

Gordon looked at the building with them and saw people tied up on the ground, while men in clown masks guarded them.

"It's a shooting gallery," Gordon realized. "Why'd he choose a spot with such big windows?"

"We have clear shots on five clowns," An officer reported. "Snipers take them out, smash the windows, a team rappels in. A team moves in by the stair stairwells. Two, three casualties max."

"Let's do it," Gordon said, not having many other options.

"It's not the simple," Y/N said from behind them with Natasha next to him. "With the Joker it never is."

"What's simple is that every second, these people on the ferries are closer to blowing  each other up!" Gordon said.

"That won't happen," Natasha told him.

"Then he'll blow them both up!" Gordon responded.

"We need five minutes. Alone," Y/N told him.

Gordon was going to retaliate, but he remembered what Batman had done for the city in 2008. What both, Batman and Black Widow, have done in New York, Washington, and Sokovia.

"Five minutes," Gordon said with a nod. "Go."

Y/N nodded back to the commissioner. The two Avengers walked to the building's edge. "Take the top, timing it right we should meet in the middle," Y/N said.