Chapter 24: Battle of Sokovia

Ultron was working in the former H.Y.D.R.A. base in Sokovia as his drones were doing other tasks. Batman was laying right before a cell's door with his belt and gauntlets removed by Ultron before. He also took Y/N's cowl. He started to wake up as his eyes saw the dim lighting, but he knew he was not back in the Batcave.

"I wasn't sure you would wake up. I hope you would. I wanted to show you. I don't have anyone else," Ultron said as he was taking apart one of his drones.

Y/N stood up as he surveyed the rest of the area. He saw machines working on more Ultron drones and various parts. He saw a cell behind him. It didn't look to be very structurally sound.

"You fascinate me. More than your other friends. Out of all of them, you and your daughter are the only ones that aren't enhanced in any way. You are both the only ones that the general populous have no idea whom you are. It caught me off guard."

"That's not the only reason you took me," Y/N pointed out.

"They surly call you the 'World's Greatest Detective' for a reason don't they?" Ultron rhetorically asked. "Out of them all, your the only one that plays this like a chess match. With your backup plans having there own backup plans. I wanted to know what would happen if I took you out of the equation because your the only one that I see a real threat."

"Then why don't you kill me?" Y/N asked. "Secure your victory?"

"Now, why would I waist a mind as brilliant as yours?" Ultron answered.

The robot then looked back at what he was doing for a few moments. "I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean fro the new man to rebuild."

He then moved away from the workspace and walked to Y/N.

"I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would have looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy. Instead they'll look up in horror because of you."

"Because I was able to get the Cradle away from you," Y/N added.

"You've wounded me. You took away my vision. I give you full marks for that. But like the man said, what doesn't kill me..."

Something hit Ultron's head and then ripped his body in half with some parts rolling into the cell behind Y/N. His new form stepped over his older one as Y/N stood still.

"Just makes me stronger," He finished as he then looked at Y/N, caught off guard that he didn't flinch

"You don't fear death," Ultron realized. "Maybe I took the wrong person after all. How would things be different if I took your daughter or your lover I wonder."

"I see the Vibranimum cocktail works wonders," Y/N joked.

"I have a feeling Stark is going to say something similar," Ultron commented as he shoved Y/N into the cell and closed the door. "With the former way extinction would have been quick with the missiles. Now I have to use a way that won't be so quick."