Chapter 28: Watch the World Burn

Harvey's party had already started when Rachel and himself had arrived. He looked at all of the guests and was nervous.

"Harvey Dent, scourge of the underworld, scared stiff by the trust fund brigade. I'll be back," Rachel said as she left him alone for a moment.

"A little liquid courage, Mr. Dent?" Alfred asked coming from behind him with a tray of a few glasses of Champaign on it as Harvey noticed.

He took a glass. "Thanks Alfred," He said. "Rachel talks about you all the time. You've known her her whole life?"

"Not yet, sir," Alfred replied as the two men shared a laugh.

"Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should be aware of?" Harvey asked.

"If there where," Y/N said as he walked up to Harvey with Felicia coming along. "They would have to get by me first."

"The two of you are practically family after all," Harvey smiled. "Nice to see you again Felicia."

"You to Harv," She replied.

Y/N took a glass from Alfred's tray. "Sorry I'm late. I had something come up," Y/N said.

"I honestly thought you'd make a dramatic entrance," Harvey commented, as he waved the hand that was not holding the glass in a jazz hand manner.

"I'm not Tony. He'd probably get a helicopter or fly in one of his suits here," Y/N replied. "I guess I should make a statement about why we're here."

"I guess, but if you don't want to I'd be perfectly fine with it," Harvey said, hoping to not have more attention put onto him.

"I'll make it short, promise," Y/N added. "It would look good when you run again."

"Dad's got a point on that," Felicia commented.

"Everyone," Y/N said. "Excuse me, everyone. Just a quick moment of your time."

Everyone was looking at Y/N, wondering what he had to say.

"I've know Harvey Dent for quite a few years to the point of which we became goof friends. When he first told me that he was going to run for Gotham's D.A. I knew that I had to help him. 'Put a Dent in Crime.' And I'd say he did just that over the past few days. Now, Gotham is a little safer than it once was with Harvey Dent as the D.A. I also believe that if he stays as the D.A. Gotham will continue to be safer. This is the face to our city's bright future," Y/N said as he raised his glass. "So congratulations to Harvey Dent."

"To Harvey Dent!" The crowd of people as they started to clap with Harvey smiling at Y/N's toast.

Y/N socialized a little before taking a moment to step outside, to the balcony as he looked over the city.

Rachel came onto the deck as she noticed that he was on the balcony.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Just wanted some fresh air," Y/N said as he turned to her. "Are you happy?"

"Excuse me?" Rachel asked, not understanding the question.

"With Harvey? Are you happy with him?" Y/N asked.

"Very... why?"

"Because if you weren't I deck him," Y/N said getting her to smile. "You family Rachel. I just wanted to make sure."

"I appreciate it, but I can look after myself," She said.

"I know you can, but I won't be doing my job if I didn't ask. After all, who was the one that introduced the two of you?"

"You where," Rachel said with a smile. "You knew, didn't you."

"You never know, not for sure at least. But you have a feeling," Y/N replied.