Chapter 25: He Can Wait

Two Gotham police officers received a call of screams coming from a vacant home. They two pulled up to the home in their squad car and went in, with their guns and lights drawn.

As the ventured into the home, they saw a Batarang stuck in the wall. The mark of the Batman. They went to it and saw a space behind the stairs, leading to the basement. The second officer nodded to the first before opening the door and shining the light down.

The they murmuring as then went down these stairs. And when they got to the bottom of them, they saw a cage.

With young girls inside of it.

"It saved us," One of the girls said in Spanish. "A devil."

"It's okay," The one officer said to them, to calm them down. "It's okay, we're- we're gonna help. We're here to help."

"It saved us," The same girl responded in Spanish.

"We're gonna get you outta here, okay?" The same officer said as he opened the door to the cage.

However, the girl grabbed it and closed it while shaking her head. She pointed up. "It's still here," She said, still in Spanish.

"I- I don't understand..." The officer said to her. There was then a gun shot and a loud screaming that all of the girls and the two officers heard in the basement.

There were sounds of a man being beaten. "Please don't! Please don't!" They heard the man plead.

The first officer, who had a shotgun, left the basement to go upstairs. He slowly crept up the stairs to the second floor, hearing more pleas along with way. "I don't know who he is!" He then heard the man shout. "I don't know who he is!"

There was then another loud noise.

"HELP!" The man screamed.

The officer was still slowly creeping up the stairs, scared beyond imagine. He got up the stairs and turned down a hallway. He saw a man as he continued to slowly creep his way. When in sight, the officer saw the man way tied to a furnace, badly beaten. The most notable feature was a solid red hour glass that was tattooed to the man's chest as the officer saw that body armor was scattered around the hall.

The officer then looked in the corner and saw that the Batman, in his black and gray suit, was there. He shot at him, not clearly thinking as the Batman moved. A few more shots rung out before Batman escape through a lose part in the floor above them.

The other officer then arrived and the shotgun officer shot at him, lucky hitting the door and not his partner.

"Christ!" The officer exclaimed.

"I saw him. I never saw him before, I- I- I don't know..."

"You almost took my face off!" The officer said. "How about you don't shoot the good guys, huh?"

The two then looked at the scene. "An hour glass?" The shotgun officer asked.

"What does that mean?"

In an alleyway a few houses down, Batman sat in the Tumbler. He was looking at a file that he managed to take from the house, which further confirmed his suspicions when he saw the body armor.

The Red Room was still active.

The file was for the area of the Red Room that was in Gotham. However they were moving the location out of it to somewhere else that was not disclosed with in the paper work. The only other thing to note of the file was a radio frequency number that had been found to be from Morocco and was to be eliminated.

Y/N knew what Natasha and Yelena believed when they said that the Red Room was destroyed. It would seem the Yelena was correct on this one.

He hit a button in the Tumbler to make a call to Yelena about it, since she should be at the Avengers' Compound with Felicia and Pietro while the others where on a mission in Italy. It would seem that Rumlow had not died when the Triskelion fell in 2014 and they were after the H.Y.D.R.A. agent and his colleagues still.