Chapter 18: Beginning of the End for S.H.I.E.L.D.

While Batman was making a distraction the others were loaded into the back of one of the S.T.R.I.K.E. van's to be taken back to the Triskelion.

"It was him," Steve said, breaking the silence. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago," Sam asked.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43," Steve said. "He experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve," Yelena quietly told him.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky," Steve added.

Sam noticed that Natasha's bandaged shoulder was starting to turn into red. She was also very weak. "We need to get a doctor here," Sam said. "If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck."

The guard to Sam's left held their electric baton at the man, for him to sit back. The same then hit the one to their left with it and then kicked him in the head.

The person took off their helmet, revealing Maria Hill.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain," Hill said, as she moved a strand of hair. She then saw Sam and added, "Who's this guy?"

 She then saw Sam and added, "Who's this guy?"

The five escaped through the floor of the truck during on of their stops before they met up a van that Hill had set not to far away to take to an old Wayne dam.

Y/N arrived right as they did on his Batcycle and in his Batsuit. Yelena and himself helped Natasha into the the hallway with Maria calling out to Alfred and an agent that were coming to them.

 "GSW. She's lost a least a pint," Hill called out.

"Maybe two," Y/N added.

"Let me take her," The agent said.

"She'll want to see him first," Hill said with a shake of her head.

The group walked into another room. Maria pulled the curtains back and to their shock, minus Y/N, they saw Nick Fury lying on a bed as he was connected to various machines keeping him alive.