21: Demon 2

"Please help me, you have to help me!" She said crying out and tugging on my shirt.

I know she did horrible shit to me but something was extremely wrong and I couldn't just leave her like this. Pounds of makeup on? Hair tangled? Smells like she hasn't showered in weeks? Something was really wrong.

I looked down to see she was even wearing a dress. If I left her like this it would keep me up at night. I had so many questions.

"What happened to you?" I said coldly.

"He lied! He lied!" She kept repeating.

She then started to hyperventilate. She was crying so hard she was basically choking. I'm not a horrible person so of course I sat down next to her and tried to calm her down.

"Now can you tell me what you're talking about?" I asked in a soothing tone.

"The devil!" She yelled.

"Billie please don't yell everyone around us is gonna think you're a crackhead." I said looking around.

"He said he'll make me human again and give me my soul back and I'll live a normal life, but he lied!" She said crying hard again. "I pretended to be his daughter, I killed people, I did everything he asked, what else does he want from me?"

"I know this should be the least of my worries but why the hell are you wearing a dress and makeup?" I questioned.

"I had to do an assignment. I thought that stopped but he told me if I didn't do it I'd be sent to hell and I'd never see the light of day again" she said putting her face on my shirt making the makeup get all over it.

"How can I help though?" I said.

"Please be my assistant again, I promise I'll be good I'll never disrespect you again, PLEASE!" She said getting snot and makeup all over my white shirt.

"As soon as you left I regretted everything. I want to be friends with you, I'll stop being such a bitch just please help me" she cried out.

Any sane human wouldn't just leave her crying like this. I didn't want to get involved with her or her satanic shit again but maybe it was just fate. Even with everything she did nobody deserves this.

"If I help you get your soul back, become human again and make the assignments easier, you promise you won't be a bitch after. If you break this promise I promise I'll ruin your life all over again." I said harshly.

"Yes I promise, I promise just please help me I already failed this assignment it was clearly a two person job and I can't find any assistants anymore." She said laying her forehead on my shoulder.

"I like this Billie better, the one who's all soft but also brave not the one who's a bitch to everyone." I said lifting her head. "I don't know if I should trust you but you only live once. Come with me to my apartment I have makeup wipes."

We walked back to my apartment and she came in. I was really scared honestly but I tried to play it cool. She definitely wasn't the same Billie that called me a nobody. She was looking around all fascinated like a child as if she's never been in someone's home before.

"Billie where do you live?" I asked going to the bathroom to grab the makeup wipes.

"He gave me the mansion back. I wanted to decline but he said if I do I'll be homeless instead." She said looking down on the verge of tears.

"God Billie what have you gotten yourself into." I said grabbing her face and wiping the makeup off.

"I'm sorry it looks bad and cakey I've never done makeup before." she said as I used multiple wipes to remove it.

We made eye contact and I felt a swarm of butterflies fill my stomach. She glanced away while I was basically trying to remember how to breathe. I know I call her a blue eyed bitch but her eyes were definitely beautiful.

I told her to go to the bathroom and wash her face off with soap and water and to use a clean cloth to just wipe her face with warm water.

After that she came out and she looked like herself again. I just needed to give her clothes that fit her aesthetic.

"I don't think I have any clothes for you to wear." I said shuffling through my closet.

"It's fine give me a second" she said standing there not moving.

"Hello??" I said then blinking and she just vanished into thin air.

I turned around looking for her and she was just gone like she teleported. I sat around for about 30 minutes and then she reappeared with new clothes. A baggy sweater with baggy pants.

"Thank you I really appreciate you for helping me, I'm sorry for everything I've done, maybe this is karma." She said sitting down on my couch and rubbing the back of her neck.

"It's fine we honestly live once, and even after all you did I couldn't just leave you like that." I said sitting down beside her.

"Yeah but what if it was you in that scenario, do you think I would've left you there?" She asked.

"Both yes and no. I feel like you'd leave me at first then feel so guilty you'd come back." I said giggling.

"Wow I really am a bitch I'm sorry..." she said looking down at her shoes.

"Yeah sometimes" I said looking to the side.

"Wow cant show the tiniest bit of compassion to feed my ego." She said laughing.

"No I'm only being brutally honest from now on." I said with a blank expression.

Her smile faded probably with the realization that what she did is making me be more stern with her.

"Ok well would you like to go back to the old apartment? I'll still pay for this one though so you still have it when I get my soul back." She said scratching her head.

It would be nice to live in that apartment building again so of course I agreed. I couldn't believe I was helping her but honestly those assignments were kinda fun. It really put excitement in my life. We're also only killing bad people so it makes you feel less guilty.

"Fine I'll move back in and help you, if you do any bullshit I'm leaving immediately and don't even try to make me come back." I said staring her down.

"Ok I promise. Come with me" she said grabbing my hand and leaving out the door.

"I have everything ready for you already I specifically wanted you to be my assistant everyone else always left in fear and I knew you were only one who'd be willing to stay." She confessed.

"So you weren't looking for any assistants you were just hoping by some miracle I'd come back?" I said crossing my arms.

"Yes and I didn't wanna look for anyone else I just wanted you..." she said rubbing her arm.

"Fine whatever, just drive me to the apartment" I said a little ticked off that she lied.

When we arrived she took me upstairs giving me the keys again and I realized I'd have to possibly quit my job.

"How much you paying me bil?" I asked.

"Same as last—wait did you call me bil?" She said with tears forming in her eyes. "You gave me a nickname."

She started to violently grip the sweater I had on and cry on my shoulder and I awkwardly patted her back.

"We have an assignment tomorrow, the clothes you need to wear for it are already set out on your bed." She said wiping her tears with her voice cracking.

She then snatched my phone and typed her number in and realized she was still added and I blushed knowing I never blocked her or unadded her. She looked up at me and winked then gave me my phone back and walked towards the door.

"Ok bye y/n I'll see you tomorrow." She said walking out as I blushed.