In the Eyes of Kieran

Start from the beginning

    Emanuel's lips quivered as he tried to talk back but nothing came out to his defense.

    "I appreciate your concern, I do. Noor is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. You should try to do the same for yourself,". I smiled as I stood up and fixed my suit.

    Emanuel kept his head down as I headed towards the door. Not another word slipped past his lips nor another movement came from him, not a peep. Frankly, I wasn't a big fan of people telling me what to do but ordering me around was crossing the line. Emanuel was an amateur stupidly believing he had a chance at telling me what to do. Whether is was him actually being delusional or fucking dumb-ass; he should know, not to step over the goddamn line. If I so much as see him approach me again without being told to do so, I can't guarantee my kindness. Respectfully.

    Then again, someone as brainless as Emanuel wouldn't understand that Suriah isn't just a want, she's a need.

    It was late at night, nearly 2 in the morning; wide awake thanks to the lovely Suriah. Her face leaving no thought untouched, her voice echoing inside my head on repeat, and the gentle weight she had on me the night I carried her to the bed of the hotel, vividly brushed over my body; perfectly sitting in my arms as if she never left.

    I stared at the cars passing by, their lights shining against the reflection of the windows and the buildings illuminating the city. My jaw clenched, I turned around slowly listening to the tempting thoughts tease me.

    I grabbed my phone and dialed a special number.

    "Verification please," they said.

    "Guest X," I answered.

    "Welcome Mr. Knight, how may we be of service?".

    "I'd like a pickup," I requested.

    "Of course. When?"

    "Thursday, this is the address," I told them and sent the address.

    "Drop-off destination?"

    "Knight Tower,"

    "And who is the guest?".

    "Suriah," I answered as I turned around and leaned on the edge of my desk, "Suriah Moon,".

    A moment of silence passed by, "Confirmed, it will be delivered Thursday night,".

    I hung up and set my phone aside letting a sigh of relief out.

   "Mr. Knight?" Someone said.

   I turned my head to the side, it was my assistant.

   "The car is ready," he informed me.

   "I'll be right there,".

   My assistant left and I left not long after completely lost inside the paradise I have playing inside my head. I sat in the car watching the building pass, people pass, and noise drift off.

    Once I arrived at my building, I was greeted by the workers before heading to the penthouse on the top suite. It was clean and empty, smelled of a faint rose vanilla. I strolled inside tracing my finger along the kitchen counter, scanning the scenery of the place. It's perfect. I headed upstairs and passed all of the rooms, the only one I wanted to see was the one she'd stay in.

   Empty, only for now. I walked into the closet that had spare clothes for myself but mostly clothes for Suriah. Same thing went for the bathroom. I walked over to the balcony and stared out into the city, she'll love it here. Anyone would want to stay here. But this...this is just for her. For us.

    ***

The days passed by, very slowly in fact. I'm sure at one point, I saw the world in slow motion all because of this long dreadful wait. But, I was in no position to get mad, it's not like I could make time go by faster nor quicken the pace of my special order. This is defiantly the same sensation as a child waiting for their new puppy. I sat in the back of my car headed to my office when my phone buzzed. I reached in my pocket and took a look at it.

    "Go to Knight Tower," I instructed driver.

    "Yes Sir," they answered.

    In beautiful black bold letters, read the notice I patiently spent my Thursday waiting for: Package Delivered.

    I waited no more and went straight to the elevator, after arriving - ignoring everyone trying to greet me, I had better things to do. The elevator stopped and I walked to the entrance of the door, I paused but pushed the door open entering the no longer empty penthouse. It was quiet. I didn't hear anything. I walked inside further, listening for any sign of her.

    "Noor?" I called out.

   No response. She's must be hiding.

   "Noor,"  I said once again, letting her know I was still here.

   "Noor. Are you awake now?" I asked, "You probably are,".

   I walked around the living room, moving a couple things around, "I know you're confused but we can talk about this if you come out,".

   I waited for her answer, "No? Do you just want me to tell you why you're here instead?".

   "Well you can thank your mom actually, she's the reason you're here," I began, "You see, she was heavily in debt and sought out my business to help her out but she didn't want to pay me back,".

   I looked up at the stairs eagerly, with a grin beginning to run wild on my face, I headed up the stairs "We looked for her everywhere only to find out she died a while ago. Did you know that?"

   The hallway was empty and all of the door were closed, I walked down the hallways slowly, "Your father also passed away and so the debt now falls onto you,"

"I thought I would force you to pay and threaten you but I changed my mind," I went back and forth down the hall listening for Suriah.

   "I've been watching you for a good while actually," I admitted,"You're quite fun to watch for someone who doesn't do a whole lot,".

   I laughed and right as I was going back downstairs I heard a small noise in the hall bathroom. I paused at the edge of the hallway, I turned around light on my feet making sure not to make any sudden noise to spook her. I paused in front of the door and listened closely. I heard her gasp. My lips curled into a smile.

   "So," I said moving closer to the door, "Now that you're here, let's talk about your debt,".

   I grabbed the handle of the bathroom door and pulled it open, Suriah flinched at the brightness of the hall and stared into the light before her eyes adjusted. Her color flushed right off her face, her lip quivered and her body shook as she stared into my eyes. She flinched at every movement I made. Completely struck by the sight of me. Suriah's face filled with confusion and fear instantly. A tear rolled down her shivering face.

   I leaned my head back, keeping my eyes on her and let my grin win me over.

   "You're quite hard to find, aren't you? Suriah,".