S1 Ep1 Meet the Heart Family

On the east side of Equestria sat a small town called Woods-dale. It was the home of many species (mostly ponies) who wanted someplace quiet to settle. In a big house overlooking the rest of the town was the home of the Heart family. In the dining room sat Thunder Heart drinking coffee. He was a unicorn with an all-black coat, a short red, black and yellow mane. His cutie mark was two lightning bolts crossed over a heart on his thin body. Across from him was his adopted brother Sky, eating his breakfast. He was a griffin with a dark blue coat on his lower half and lighter blue feathers on his upper half bending upwards. As he ate, Sky twirled his fork around bored. As Thunder glanced over, their brother Crystal Heart (A simple earth pony) walked into the kitchen. He had a bright pink mane which was longer than even Thunder's. His coat consisted of a bright yellow fur and dirt covering his cutie mark. (A heart made of colorful crystals.)

He walked over to the fridge and grabbed an apple. (How any pony grabs thing with one hoof is beyond me), and moved over to the window on the other side of the kitchen. "It's lovely outside, isn't it?" he said with some apple water drippling from his mouth. Thunder glanced over at Crystal and then at Sky.

"Hey Crystal." Thunder said with concern. Crystal stopped eating, with a bit of apple juice crawling down his face. "What?" He slobbered out. Thunder got up from his chair and walked over to his biological brother. "Can we talk without the others around?" He whispered as Crystal nodded in response. As he turned to leave, he threw the apple core away. But his apple accidentally knocked over Thunder's coffee. The mug shattered, spilling caramel coffee everywhere. They had no time to blink when a dragon with scales as white as snow rushed to clean the mess.

"Snowwwwww." Thunder grumbled out. "You don't have to clean anymore."

Snow continued ignoring him. She has been the house maid ever since her mother died a few years ago. "It's fine master. I will happily serve this family till the day I die." She stuttered, still scrubbing the floor. Thunder sighed and pulled Crystal down the hallway, up the stairs, and down a hallway into an office. The room was a deep red, except the bookshelves, and pictures of the family. Most of the pictures were of Thunder, his siblings and parents. (Silver Love, and Black Heart respectively.)

"Sooooo now that we're in private what did you want to talk about?" Crystal said sounding irritated. Thunder glanced at the picture of them and thought how to best explain his worries to his brother. "I'm.... just worried about you going out every night and coming back covered in dirt and mud. You are so tired that you can't say hello to me, Sky, Diamond, or even Snow. What's going on? Is it something you're willing to talk about?" Crystal paced around the room, thinking as Thunder finished.

Crystal sighed and stopped in front of Thunder who was now sitting at his desk. "Ok before I tell you. Can you promise not to freak out please?" Thunder nodded slowly. "The reason I have been out all day is that........ I've been taking jobs to get us some money." Thunder opened his mouth ready to say something, but Crystal interrupted him. "And to earn some money to get somepony a gift." Thunder began to dash in his own mind to figure out who would crystal have a crush on (if that's the reason). "Now if you don't mind me asking, which pony is this gift for? And what's your relationship with this pony is?" Thunder asked with a loving glance to his brother. Crystal looked down at the floor blushing. "You don't have to tell if you don-." Crystal blurted out, interrupting Thunder. "It's Dark Cloud!" He said totally flustered. Thunder couldn't believe it; Crystal was dating Dark Cloud! It all started to make sense through Thunder's mind.

They both walked out of the office, but Crystal turned around and asked, "Why did you want to know what I was doing?" Thunder kept his mouth closed as his anxiety peaked once again. Crystal's mouth turned into a straight line as he began to ask once more when suddenly.