Friday School

Surprisingly, everyone was on time for the last day of school and talking with each other excitedly. Class started with their teacher calling everyone's attention, "I'm glad you all came for the last day of classes. Ice cream will be here soon, so I hope everyone ate a light breakfast."

Cheers were heard around the class but quieted as she continued, "who wants to present their projects first?'

Rose's hand shot into the air with a squeak of excitement, "can we go? Juleka and I got some help from Mylène and Ivan!"

"Come on up then," Bustier said already knowing their project because she had to move her desk to make room for their instruments before class started.

They all took their place in front. Juleka played her guitar, Ivan kept beat with the drums, Rose held a paper with her lyrics and Mylène joined singing and hitting a tambourine. They started up the tune to 'You've Got A Friend in Me' and all sang the chorus first.

Rose's words for the first verse were about their class video project for this year that they created together. It had been chosen for a film festival and won 3rd place. She waved her hands to get everyone in the class to join them in the chorus. Her next verse was about the time everyone came to Kitty Sections' first gig opening for a Jagged Stone concert. Again everyone joined the chorus, then Rose teared up singing the last verse about how they will all be lifelong friends and will never forget each other. Everyone sang the last chorus together again and clapped as Juleka hugged Rose and wiped her tears away.

The ice cream had shown up and once the applause had died there was time for people to get some. When Mlle Bustier called for another volunteer to go Kim and Alix had finished their food already and rose their hands.

They had taken note of all the great moments in the past year and ranked them on a Top 5 leader board. Rose had sung about two of them in her song, but there was also when Alya won a chance to be on the news with Nadia Chamack. The class got to tour the studio and be in the live studio audience for the Ladybug and Chat Noir special. The top spots were a tie between Kim's swimming competition, everyone had come to cheer him on, and Alix's winning a street art competition that everyone attended. Everyone was able to laugh at the competitive pair as they remembered the events.

Next, Nathaniel and Marc presented a comic book that apparently they had been working on all year that featured members of the class. The few unfinished pages were what they had added through the week to tie in the assignment. Mainly to make sure everyone was involved they had created a mini side story about Chloe and Lila. They read the story that was sprinkled with true events from their time together and showed the illustrated art.  As the class clapped, Marc handed out the personalized art he had made of each of his friends getting a lot of 'wow', 'amazing', and other compliments for his talent.

Chloe and Lila took their turn and, to no one's surprise, their presentation was mainly focused on themselves. They were already barely in any of the other presentations because they never participated in anything outside of school with the others. They had done a slide show with pictures of themselves. Chloe's pictures seemed real but most of Lila's were weird selfies in front of images of famous places. There were some interesting things they joined their class on, but it was like they lived in their own separate world. They didn't say anything negative about anyone though so Mlle Bustier started a small clap after they finished and a few students half-heartedly joined.

Next, Nino set up the projector with the video footage he had collected and put together. Alya expertly described in her newscasting voice some of the events that had already been talked about. She also had a few new events about how they all stood up for each other to fight negative emotions during the reign of Hawkmoth. There was a backhanded compliment towards the actions of Chloe and Lila who were akumatized regularly, but she never came out and said they had been working with him. She ended with a funny version of a weather forecast with predictions of the future, she had previously gone around to everyone asking about their plans.