Thursday Night

Začít od začátku

Chat Noir closed the space between them and watched her face as she thought. He was lost in his thoughts. Will she hate me if she knew? Should I break up with her and try to date her as Adrien? What if I become a rebound for myself and hurt her? Why does this all have to be so complicated now? I should have just stuck with waiting for our date instead of visiting her as Chat Noir all the time. I just want to be around her...

They both embraced as their worries ran through their mind. Even though they didn't know what the future held, being in each other's arms was comforting.

"I seem to be stressing about the future a lot recently. Graduating brings it all into my mind and now...being with you," Marinette said timidly.

"I think I can understand, I have a lot on my mind about us too," Chat Noir pulled enough apart to look down into her eyes.

Is he having a similar dilemma? "Is it...because of Ladybug?" She looked down.

"NO!" He quickly bent down to catch her eye again, "Marinette, I want to be with you."

Looking at him shyly, she doubted her resolve, "I always thought you loved her."

How can I explain this? "There was a part of me that did, well, still does if I'm being honest. Being with you is what I want now and I don't want you to doubt that."

She was silent.

Chat Noir continues to comfort her, "things are different between her and me now, we are partners, but there hasn't ever been anything romantic." Not from her at least.

Marinette knew it was true, I've turned him down too many times for him to still love Ladybug. I've broken his heart too many times, and now I'm lying to him too.

"Please say something, what are you thinking?"

"I have a date."

"You...have a date? Like the fruit...or as in...?" He said trying to act surprised to not give anything away.

"Not a fruit silly...I sort of agreed to go on a date with this friend of mine. We've always been just friends and it was at school right before you asked me to be your girlfriend. I can cancel...yeah I should cancel, right?"

"No no no! I totally think that would be fine. A friend date with...eh, who is he exactly?" He asked to keep up his ruse.

"Adrien Agreste."

"Wow, the model? Maybe I should be worried about him sweeping you off your feet. Not to brag, but I'm much more attractive right?" He flashed his devilish smile. Now to probe for information, "at least he's your friend and you aren't in love with him or anything."

Marinette's voice raised with the stress of the question, "ah of course not! I'm dating you now I don't love him any-AT ALL! As I said, we have always just been friends before now and it was like a weird situation when he asked me out, so I doubt it means anything."

"Don't doubt his intentions Marinette, maybe he secretly likes you." I have personal knowledge of that fact.

She turned away to hide her blush, "even if he did, I-lo-I'm with you now."

"I'll be here if he disappoints you," he said awkwardly. Maybe this will work out?

"You're sure you want me to go on this date?"

"It's not polite to cancel right?" Hoping he didn't sound too pushy about encouraging her to date...himself. Seriously this is getting way too complicated. I should just tell her...I'll ask Ladybug as soon as I can.

The strange turn of the conversation had Marinette more confused than before, "it's tomorrow, I'm not sure what the plans are but...you can stop by tomorrow night."

"I will be paw-sitively thrilled to hear about your date with the notorious teen heartthrob," Chat Noir returned to a more normal flirtatious voice.

"Not really something I thought a boyfriend of mine would ever say to me." His reaction is very unexpected.

"I'm a rare breed. Exceptionally unique. Now get over here," he said grabbing her around the waist to close the distance between them.

She was surprised by how fast he moved in and was sweeping her off her feet. One moment he was encouraging her to go on a date with a model and the next was kissing her senseless. He is one cocky cat. She thought before she couldn't think of anything else besides the ever urgent need to be close to Chat Noir.

 She thought before she couldn't think of anything else besides the ever urgent need to be close to Chat Noir