Map Attack

Harry couldn't sleep. He found he often couldn't these days.

Almost every thought he had was centred around Sirius Black. That man is the reason Harry doesn't have parents, he is the reason Harry's stuck as some stupid famous child and put him on a pedestal he never wanted.

In his dreams he saw Sirius standing in front of his parents and holding a wand and killing them. It was the same every night without fail and when he woke up covered in a cold sweat he waited ten minutes trying to go back to sleep, fail, and then take out the Marauders Map to see if he could find the man on the map.

He takes out his wand and whispers. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," he said and taps the paper. The map unfurls itself and shows him where everyone was.

He passed over a couple of names like who was in the dorm and such. It took a couple of minutes before something really caught his attention. There was a new addition to the map, it showed the outline of the shrieking shack. He takes a closer look at it and his heart stopped.

Mirabel was in the shrieking shack her name and footsteps showing her standing still and besides her was his name. Sirius Black, Black, the murderous insane wanted wizard criminal was at the shrieking shack with Mirabel. His best, sweet, amazing, sun like friend was in the shrieking shack likely being held hostage by a criminal, the same one that killed his parents.

Why though? Why was Mira all the way out in the shrieking shack at night with that man? Did he plan to kill her? Hold her ransom in exchange for Harry? How did he even get to her? That part can be saved for later what matters is that Mirabel is in danger.

Quickly Harry got up and grabbed his invisibility cloak and wand. As he got up from bed he briefly looked at Ron's bed with it's closed curtain. For a moment he considers bringing him along, but decided against it, Ron would talk him out of it, Hermione would get a teacher. This is personal and Harry's going to make Sirius regret the day he was born.

Slipping under his invisibility cloak Harry snuck out the portrait that was still being guarded by a old knight. The Fat Lady refused to return to her post until Black was caught so the knight volunteered to replace her. Every time a male student came up to him with the password he challenged them to a duel and always did this weird flattery thing with the girls.

Sneaking out Harry looks at the map. It was risky, but with his cloak and if he's careful he could use the hidden passage down the whomping willow tree.

Carefully, as careful as possible he came to the whomping willow. He makes sure to keep a eye out for the dementors too, he is not looking to meet up with them anytime soon, or ever.

He got to the Whomping Willow and looks up at it. It looked still, didn't seem to notice him. Carefully he tip toed over to the willow, he had never been too close to it before, but now that he was he could see a dark hole in the ground right at the trunks base. Jumping down it he stuck the landing on a rocky ground. It was pitch black so he takes out his wand and said.

"Lumos," immediately he was bathed in light illuminating the dark tunnel. He looks at the map and sees its a straight tunnel to the shrieking shack.

Quickly he walks down it illuminated by his wand light. The walk felt like it was taking forever, but he did not slow down for even a second, even as a exit made itself known.

He could see another light above the exit and he stows his own away. Looking at the map he could see the two names of Sirius and Mirabel. Making sure he was properly hidden he goes through it. He found himself in a wide opened space, there was no furniture, the floorboards looked rotted, and there was a stair case where the light was coming from.