Scientific Method

Mirabel did not have the cure done by Christmas, but that didn't stop her from enjoying her break. Sadly it went by way to fast for her tastes and soon enough she was back at school. Antonio had tried crawling into her bag so he could come with her, but for obvious reasons that did not work. He cried and cried to Mirabel's heartbreak, but as usual she sung him his favourite lullaby and he fell to sleep quickly, quick enough for Mirabel to leave before he could wake.

Now back at school after a month she was hard at work trying to complete the cure. Sadly she was having no luck. She had created a spell that simulates the moons lights and used it to watch as the blood reacted to it and turned a inky black.

Sadly her mind was also very much elsewhere. The Gryffindor quidditch game to go up against Ravenclaw was coming up and if they didn't win than they'd loose the quidditch cup again. Harry still didn't have a broom either. Well he did, a really good broom too. Over Christmas he was given a Firebolt Broomstick, the fastest broom ever and Harry adored it. Yet it was given to him by a unknown person and Hermione had found that suspicious so she told a teacher.

Harry's broom had been taken for inspection and now the boys refused to talk to her while she refuses to apologize. While on one hand Mira understands Hermione had the best intentions, on the other hand she was really annoyed because her competitive spirit made her grumble.

To avoid their squabbling Mirabel spent time in the potions room trying to figure out a cure. As said it was not going well at all. Making a wolfs bane potion was complicated and while it gave Mirabel the building blocks she needed it still didn't let her get any closer to actually completing a cure.

Right now Mirabel was looking through a magnifying glass as she carefully tries putting the correct amount of moonshine seeds into the bubbling elixir. She had nothing to put it in individually and she didn't want to accidentally set her hand on fire so she was using a levatitaion spell to carefully try and shake the jar of seeds out. Carefully, carefully, carefully, "Hey Mirabel," Mirabel jumps and accidentally dropped the entire jar. The elixir bubbles and she yells.

"Hit the deck!" She tackles the person who entered and covered them both in a protection spell as the potion, and the caldron, blew up. Once that was over with Mirabel let down the spell and turned to the one who interrupted her.

"Do you need something Ronald?" She asks the red haired boy who grinned sheepishly. "I couldn't take the tension Hermione and Harry were giving off. Like I am mad at her, but I still don't like the silent tension," he explains. Mirabel huffs and sat down at her workspace with a tired groan.

Peering over her shoulder he said. "So I take it your not doing too good?" He asks. Mirabel shakes her head. "Do you have any idea how complicated wolf's bane is on its own? I'm using every healing solution there is, but all of my tests haven't gotten close," she complains.

"How do you know if they're working or not?" He asks. Mirabel points to the vial of blood she had placed in a unbreakable charm. "Werewolf's blood," she said. Ron's eyes went wide and he exclaims. "Where the bloody hell did you get werewolves blood!?" He exclaims and Mirabel grabbed his mouth to quiet him.

"Snape gave it too me. He said if he's lucky it'll turn me into one and he won't have to deal with me. Now don't tell anyone got it?" Mirabel lies, but she does it effortlessly because she practiced the lie to sound believable. She sits down at her desk again and sighed. "I feel like I'm doing this blind Ron. I have no idea how to do this! I'm not some amazing potions master, I don't know anything about creating a potion. I can't give up though because even if I get us two hundred points in quidditch loosing us a hundred points will make everyone hate me," She said with a defeated look.