Hagrid's Regret

Mirabel looks at her face in the mirror as Madam Pomfry waves her wand healing them up with just the smallest scratch and also place some bandages around her arm.

"Now dear you'll be okay just lay off the arm for a day or two," Madam Pomfry said. It'll be quicker than that once she takes a bite of her mama's food.

"I'm so sorry Mirabel I am," Hagrid cries next to her bed. "Hagrid I'll be fine," Mirabel promises. "I shouldn't have done it! I should have started small! I'm a terrible teacher," he continues crying.

"Hagrid I promise I'll always remember the lesson fondly," Mirabel promises him as he looks at her teary eyed. "Art of gold you have," he said still sobbing.

"Alright dear you can go when your ready," Madam Pomfry said and Mirabel stood up with the bandaged arm. Seeing it he started crying again and Mirabel hugs him with her one arm.

"You know Hagrid, I tell lots of stories about you back home," She says. Hagrid looks at her. "Bet your parents wonder why your grandad ever looked at me," he says solemnly. "Well they're okay with it. Especially the stories I tell to my primo Antonio. Every night he begs me to tell him his favourite bedtime story," Mirabel said and Hagrid looks at her. "I'll admit there are a few details I fudged. I said your mother was a giant and your dad was a little guy, anyway," Mirabel misses the look Hagrid had. "I tell him about how kind and gentle you are, I tell him how much you adore animals, and I tell him everything about you in the stories. We both call you the gentle giant. Your just that Hagrid a amazing gentle giant who would never hurt a fly," she says.

Hagrid looks down at her and starts crying. "Art of gold you got Mirabel," he said hugging her.

"Mirabel! Are you alright?" Mirabel's friends come into the wing and Mirabel smiles. "Yeah I'm fine," Mirabel answers them smiling. "How were you so brave?" Ginny asks her. "Bravery is when your afraid Ginnieta, I didn't have time to be scared," she says than asks. "How's Draco is he okay?" She asks.

All their mouths dropped. "Your joking right?" Ron asks. Mirabel shakes her head. "He's fine," Hermione answers. "Wanted to try breaking his nose," Ron said.

"Everything is going to be fine alright? It's just a scrape. Now I'm hungry who wants dinner?" Mirabel asks them.

They all agree to go down to dinner after stopping by the portrait and letting Mirabel grab herself some of her mother's cooking.

They got to the great hall and instantly Mirabel was caught off guard by Mcgonagall. "Dear! Oh I heard what happened are you alright?" She asks. Mirabel held up one of her mother's arepas and Mcgonagall sighs in relief. "I already got Draco on two weeks worth of detention and for the act of bravery you shall be awarded twenty points. Now eat, you must be starving," she said guiding them off to their table.

Mirabel takes a calming breath, everything was alright.

"Mirabel," She turns seeing Draco handing her a box of sweets. "Sorry didn't visit you, needed to get you something and send a few letters," Draco said handing it to her. "Thanks Draco, what letters did you send?" Mirabel asks.

Draco doesn't answer and instead he pushes Neville away and sat by her. "That doesn't matter, how's the arm? See that monster didn't leave any scar on your pretty face," Draco comments touching her cheek where her injury was. Mirabel blushes at being called pretty and puts her head down. Her friends all exchanged annoyed looks at Draco's very presence.

"What letters did you send?" Harry asks. Draco looks at him and smirks. "Why to my father of course telling him exactly what happened with the beast," he said. "He's not a beast Draco and if you had listened you wouldn't have provoked him and gotten her hurt," Hermione said. "If you actually cared about her you would be the one in the hospital wing," Harry said.

"Don't fight por favor," Mirabel pleads. Draco and Harry concede for now. "Anyway my father's already replied and scheduled a meeting," Draco said. "For what?" Ron asks. "To see if that bird will live by next year and if we're lucky that oaf will be sacked too, Attacking a student on the first day and nearly killing two? Things are not looking good," Draco brags smugly.

Mirabel looks at him in shock. "Draco that animal is innocent!" Hermione said. "It nearly bloody killed us!" Draco states taking Mirabel's hand. "It would have been better if it had!" Ron yells. "Oh so you want it to have killed her too?" Draco asks.

"Enough!" Mirabel takes her hand back and looks at Draco in a fury. "You will go and write to your father and tell him to call off the court meeting vamos," Mirabel demands. "But," Draco began. "Now, or else I won't be your friend anymore because I am not friends with people who place their own fault on innocent creatures," Mirabel states standing up to tower over. Draco stands too and is noticeably taller than her.

"It hurt you," He states. "Because you didn't listen," She states. "Mira," Draco began when Mirabel looks up at him with her brown eyes highlighted by her glasses giving her a puppy dog look. "Draco please Buck Beak is innocent," she says.

Draco looks at her for a moment before relenting. "Fine, I'll talk to my father about it," He said. "Promise?" Mirabel asks. "Promise," he said reluctantly and Mirabel smiles giving him a quick hug which shocked everyone, including Draco.

"Go do it now before I practice my hexes on you," Hermione said and Draco listens walking off with a scowl.

Sighing deeply Mirabel groans as she put her face in her hands. "I honestly question my judgement on him sometimes," she says. "Why do you even put up with him?" Harry asks. "I can't even look at him sometimes," Ron said. "He is particularly repulsive," Hermione said. Mirabel rubs her tired eyes and says. "He just.... At first it was because he told me what everyone was avoiding me for, after that he just seemed..... He needed something genuine," she answers. "Genuine? Genuine what?" Ron asks.

"Someone who genuinely cared about him. I'm not sure if you noticed, but his friends are friends of convenience. I just felt he could use someone who genuinely wanted to be his friend. He doesn't make it easy, but I do it because no one innocent deserves to be alone," Mirabel said. It's quiet at the table for a moment before Ron said. "I wouldn't be surprised if you found a way to befriend a spider," he said.

She rolls her eyes at him when suddenly someone yells. "He's been spotted! Sirius Black has been spotted!" It was Seamus Finnigan and he puts the newspaper right in front of them and right there on the front page was Sirius Black and where he was last sighted.

"That's not far from here," Seamus stated and Mirabel saw the worry in Harry's eyes, in everyone's eyes. "He'd be crazy if he ever thought to come here especially with those dementors. No one needs to worry," she says trying to make sure everyone remained calm.

"But what if," Harry began. "Selencio Harry, don't let those thoughts worry you. Only worry about what you do know which is nothing," Mirabel said. "But that's why," Harry began. "It'll be alright Harry," Mirabel promises. "Besides who knows for sure if this is even true. Could have been someone trying to get a moment to shine," Hermione said. Harry nodded as the girls calmed him down, then all heads turned to Ron.

"Yeah your screwed,"

Short I know sorry