Chapter 1

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read my story! I will try to post every chance I get, and might even post a couple chapters together depending on my availability.

In this chapter, (Y/H/T) will be used for you to insert where you live as what the island you grew up on will be called. I am trying to make this story as imaginative to the reader as possible (Looks, hometown, name, etc.)

I will italicize when writing a flashback/memory, or a thought. And in this flashback (Y/N) is 5 prior to when our story begins.

Let me know what you think by voting or commenting to better help me understand what needs to improve or do different for future references. Other than that, enjoy!

———
3rd P.O.V

It was a warm, peaceful day on (Y/H/T), a small island in the South Blue. (Y/N) was spending the day with her mother, (M/N), who had recently returned from an assignment. Her father, (F/N), had sadly died from Scurvy earlier that year from working on a merchant ship.

"Hey mommy, how long are you going to be home this time?" (Y/N) asked, looking up to her mom in curiosity.

"Well, you'll be glad to know that I took 2 weeks vacation to spend time with you!" (M/N) gleamed, looking down at (Y/N), swinging their entangled hands. "Have you been good for Ms. Yui while I've been gone?" She then questioned.

"Mhm! She made me really yummy food too!" (Y/N) happily exclaimed with a big smile adorning her cheeks.

Ms. Hana Yui was a sweet young lady, with short blonde hair and green eyes, who ran a small restaurant in town. When (M/N) would go away due to work, she often watched over (Y/N) until her return. (Y/N) often enjoyed being in the lady's company and would help around the restaurant from time to time.

"That's nice of her." (M/N) stated, reminding herself to thank Ms. Yui later. "Speaking of food, what would you want for dinner tonight?" The women pondered, raising an eyebrow at (Y/N).

The small girl thought for a moment before turning back to her mother, "Can we have-"

She was cut off by the sound of an explosion in the distance, causing the ground to rumble. They both snapped their heads directly ahead to see smoke rising into the sky, before another explosion occurred to the right.

"That's the direction of the port..." (M/N) mumbled out, as another explosion went off. This time it was closer, as people started to run towards their direction, screaming.

Feeling a tug on her shirt, (M/N) looked down at (Y/N) who stared ahead with widened eyes. "Mommy... why is everyone running?"

Not sure what to tell her daughter, she placed a hand atop of (Y/N)'s head, pulling her into her side to block her line of sight. "It'll be fine..." (M/N) trailed off, hearing the sound of gunshots, followed by laughter as a group of pirates appeared.

"(Y/N), I want you to listen to me carefully." (M/N) spoke as she stared at the group of pirates, before turning to look at her daughter. "Go find Ms. Yui and stay with her until the Marines arrive. Do you understand?"

"But, mommy-" (Y/N) went to refuse before being cut off by arms wrapping around her small frame.

"Please... promise me. Promise me you'll stay alive." (M/N) whispered into her daughter's ear, crouched onto the ground and wrapping the small girl in her arms. Feeling (Y/N)'s head nod hesitantly, (M/N) stood back up and pulled a transponder snail out her coat pocket. "Now go, (Y/N)."