Chapter 18

Ace's POV

Curt is right. Simula pa lang talaga ng pag-inom namin sa tabing-dagat kagabi, I know for myself that she could convince me to look at the other side of things.

Even Mom and Tanya could not open my eyes about it. While Curt was able to convince me to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps, if I would talk to my father, he would tell me his reasons. Mapabaluktot man iyon or gaano man iyon ka-stupid, atleast I would know. After all, he deserved to explain his side. Mom forgave and forgot it already. Why couldn't I?

Sumama ako sa kila Engr. Renz na mag-swimming bandang umaga pero hindi ko pa rin napapansin si Engr. Romualdez sa paligid.

Nandoon din naman sa sun lounger ang mga kasama nila at pati na rin si Curt.

I gritted my teeth. Well, dapat labas na ako do'n. I know for sure that Curt could handle things with her boyfriend. Uhaw lang iyon at babalik din iyon sa babaeng mahal niya talaga.

Sana lang it will not be too late for him to realize that he's one lucky guy to have Curt by his side.

Come lunch time at hindi pa rin magawang tigilan ng mga mata ko si Curt sa kabilang side ng table. Engr. Romualdez is finally there pero pansin namin na hindi talaga sila nag-uusap.

I smirked at the back of my head. Sige lang, show to us how fucking stupid you are to treat Curt that way and I will do something about it.

Around 3 pm ang alis namin sa resort kaya nagpahinga muna ang lahat. Nauna lang ako ng bahagya dahil plano kong puntahan sila Mommy sa bahay.

She was so shocked to see me in our house in Forbes that she even messed up Dad's afternoon rest. Dinala niya kaming parehas sa lanai to have our snack. Mom seemed so restless na pati ang mga helpers, natataranta na dahil sa kanya.

"Did you check the cake I'm baking? Baka okay na iyon. Tamang-tama kasi paborito iyong flavor na iyon ni Ace. Check it, Manang," she instructed the helper at inihatid pa niya ito hanggang sa kitchen.

Gusto kong umiling pero nakatingin na sa akin si Dad. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

"Your Mom just missed you so much, son." He said then reached for his tea at the table.

Pinagmasdan ko siya habang kumportable niyang iniinom ang tsaa habang nakatanaw sa fountain sa garden. Based on his physical appearance, hindi mo mapagkakamalang mahina na ang puso niya at halos magbigay na ng schedule ang doktor niya sa pag-heart transplant sa Amerika. Kung hindi lamang madadaan sa exercise, bawas stress at healthy living, gusto na rin ni Mommy na pumunta sa States para doon ipagamot si Dad.

"Sorry Dad that this is my first time to visit you here after I went home," I told him directly. I know that my father has an idea why I was almost aloof to him. It's as basic as 1,2,3.

He softly smiled and looked at me. "Don't worry, Son. I understand."

"How are you?"

We are not used to saying comforting words with each other since that happened. I don't know. It may be not our love language although I made sure that I showed him and even Mom respect that they deserved all the time.

Kaya noong nangyari iyon, inaamin ko na nabawasan ang respeto ko sa kanya. It was saddening to realize that it took me years to really listen to his side of the story. He was very sorry and had admitted that he took advantage of the love that my Mom gave him. And he seemed very grateful that Mom accepted him again.