Chapter 7

Ace's POV

I sighed for how many times I couldn't remember. Mom already introduced me to all the employees of our company and they made sure that I was very much welcomed.

It is just that I feel so bored and sometimes, I'm spacing out for a bit when some of the managers tried to talk to me about things— regarding with construction in Boston, the life there, my anticipation of working here in the Philippines and in the company and of course, about my family and love life.

Nagsimula na rin ang dance performance for the first three departments bago nag-announce na pwede nang kumain ang mga employees. I was one of the judges that is why I had the privilege to have appetizer at our table. Inaya lang ako ni Mom na kumain na after a while.

"You okay?" Mom asked me. She probably noticed my boredom.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Do you want to take a rest first? I will replace you as a judge."

Umiling ako at ngumiti, "No, Mom. It's okay."

Nagtagal pa ng kaunti ang tingin niya sa akin bago inilipat ang atensyon kay Daddy sa tabi niya.

I cleared my throat and decided to look around.

I couldn't deny that Dad's company is really successful now. I could see a lot of employees and as far as I studied the financial reports and progress status of the projects of the past years, I could say that it runs pretty well.
Hindi pa kasama ang partner company ni Dad wherein he is one of the stock holders in a big corporation in food industry.

Dapat lang siguro naman na maging successful ito kasi ginugol naman niya ang halos buong buhay niya sa trabaho. I smiled bitterly in my head.

Nag-resume ang program kaya naman itinuon ko na rin ang atensyon ko sa magsasayaw sa harap.

The MC introduced them as the Department of Construction Management headed by Engr. Allan Gallego. They already came up the stage and noticed that they really thought about this in regards with the costume and props.

Tiningnan ko isa-isa ang members at napakunot-noo sa isang babae sa likod. Medyo maliit siya compared sa mga kasamahan but she was placed at the back.

A memory with this girl came up and I chuckled amusingly. Really? What a fucking small world to see her again. Here? At our own company?

Tanya is such a witch!

The girl was awkwardly dancing and I could notice easily that she didn't want this since the beginning. She looked constipated!

I chuckled softly kaya napatingin sa akin ang kasama kong judge.

"They're good, aren't they?" I asked. Tumango na lang siya at ngumiti.

Magaling sila lalo na yung kasamahan nilang nasa harap. I bet he is gay. I just don't have an idea kung sadya bang medyo nagkakamali yung babae sa likod para magmukhang comical ang performance nila or nagkakamali talaga siya.

Well, that is a genius move there, I guess. Napapatawa nila ang audience.

Nakita ko siyang tumingin sa akin at nang nahuli niya akong nakatingin sa kanya ay sumimangot siya at pasimpleng umirap.

I smirked. Nice to see you again too, Missy.

Their performance continued but I really couldn't understand why I found her funny doing her awkward movements.

Hindi ako nakatiis. Inilabas ko ang bago kong phone at kinuhanan siya ng video. I couldn't wait to show this to Tanya.

The judge beside me looked at what I was doing kaya napatawa na lang ako at napailing, "The girl at the back. She's funny, isn't she?"