Chapter Twenty-five

Back at the destiny bounty,

Nya, Jay and Skylor were training together above with Lloyd and Cole doing the same close by on the other side of the decks. While Zane was left in the bridge, looking over the screens and watching out for anything while Ronin snoozed on a nearby chair with his hat over his eyes. Misako and Wu were down somewhere, discussing something that the others were told not to disturb. ...Lloyd had his thoughts that it could be about how he shared blood with a creature known for destruction. He understood his father's side but under the name of the first Spinjitzu Master he had hoped it was just the venom. But now he saw that wasn't the case and now he wasn't sure about himself. Was this a concern he should be worried about? If only his father was here. He would've known what to do.

Zane was watching the screens when he heard Pixal's voice.

'Zane, I found something I believe you should take a look at.' She said,

"Place it up on the screen." Zane spoke.

Images were displayed on the screen as footage was caught with ghosts near what seemed to be the docks of the villages near Stix.

'There was a report from a group of fisherman saying a friend of theirs and his boat went missing after he was believed to be wrapping up. Seemed he never got back and the sightings of the ghosts caught on the camera may have some involvement.'

Zane listened as he analyzed the evidence on the screen. "I see..." He said Before pressing the button down that was attached to the ship's speakers. There was an irritating noise from the speaker that woke Ronin from his rest before Zane's voice came through. "Everyone come to the bridge immediately." He said before releasing the button and waited for them.

Ronin grumbled as he fixed his hat and glared up at the nindroid before the others began coming into the room.

"What's wrong? Did we find Morro?" Lloyd asked.

"Possibly..." Zane said before sharing what was found and how the missing fisherman and boat could help them find where Morro is.

Wu hummed as he brushed his hand over his beard and closed his eyes.

Cole turned to Wu, frowning at what this could mean. "What do you think, Sensei? Do you think Morro is involved?" He asked.

"It's possible...," Wu said before looking back to the screen. "But there isn't much time to lose. Your brother is struggling as we speak and the longer we wait, the more I grow worried the closer Morro gets to achieving plan..."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's find him and go kick some ghosts!" Jay said, kicking up his leg and swinging his aeroblade around.

Ronin chuckled. "Easy there, I think we need to take a new approach here. We don't know if we've found Morro quite yet. But if our source is right and it does involve mister wanna be. Then I'd say we keep a low profile. Let him know we haven't found him yet. Because if I'm not wrong, Lloyd, Morro started to have longer rests after the first few days of possessing you right?" He asked.

Lloyd nodded. "Yeah, I thought it was just me but he's grown exhausted as well from spending so much time possessing me."

Ronin nodded. "So why not be a ninja for once and actually make the attack of surprise with some traps before he realizes you're there?"

'Hey hold on! What do you mean for once?! We don't wear our masks and our weapons for nothing!" Jay replied.

Ronin rolled his eyes. "Sorry sparky, but you ain't. But I suppose you don't have an excuse as master of thunder."

"It's lighting..." Jay growled.

"Yeah, that's what I said." Ronin replied

Skylor hummed. "So we go and investigate and see if this leads us to them? But then what do we do if we do find them? This could be a distraction?"

Wu shook his head. "Morro wouldn't risk chances with water that recklessly... Not with his forces unless it was their only solution. If anything, He would have summoned the wind dragon to draw attention. This is something we must investigate from a distance." He said before looking towards Lloyd. "Ninja." He spoke, looking towards the others. "I fear Morro has grown closer to his goal. And whatever lies ahead, you all must be ready." He said.

The ninja looked at him and nodded.

"Right, but how and what are we gonna do for traps and ourselves to get the upper hand on Morro then?" Cole asked? "We don't have much to go off for traps."

Jay nodded. "Yeah, I mean, it's not like the traps we have are built for ghosts nor do we have the time to change them to do so. Those water balloons we used went down hill and we all know how that went back at the tea shop.

Misako smiled. "Well, that is why me and Wu tried contacting a sponsor for the job. Cyrus Borg has prepared a special surprise that should help us get that upper hand on Morro and his cursed allies."

Jay's eyes immediately shined. "Yes! I love surprises, when do we get them?" He asked.

"Soon" Wu reassured. "Hopefully once we have an ambush ready. But we must find where Morro is heading before we determine the spot to plan our ambush."

The ninja nodded.

"Okay, So we investigate, see if he's there or not, find out where he's going next and ambush him with our new toys once Borg sends them over." LLoyd said.

Zane nodded. "That is the plan."

"Then let's set course, Nya?"

"Already on it." She said as she went to the wheel, taking the destiny bounty to the village. Hoping they will find what they are looking for...