Chapter 20. Poison

Kyo's pov. 

Kyo vs. Riyu

Riyu the so-called poison master. Hmph.  The sound Village so far they haven't shown potential. I know this sounds cocky.  

 Theirs 10 candidates. Damn that's not many but I haven't taken into account the fact that its one on one battles. 

"remember that they're not testing you based on winning they want skill" Tenten warned me "So if you feel yourself getting woozy or if that wound opens back up forfit"  I recalled the warning Tenten gave me before she left to sit with the audience. 

Of course, the proctor still could stop the match now if he wanted on account for me being injured. Luckily he won't.  Same as the preliminary if someone dies its over and if we forfeit its over. 

"Ready Start" The proctor called. Riyu and I jumped back. he threw a poison bomb at me who easily doged. 

I went for a punch but he dodged kneeing me in the stomach. 

"ug" I jumped back quickly before glaring at him who smirked. What's the deal? There must be a catch to this. 

"Inquisitive huh maybe focus on what's in front of you" Riyu smirked. I watched as he rushed me. He kicked me sending me flying. To the ground. 

What the hell? Where did all that training Guy sensei give me go? I jumped out of the way as he stomped the ground above my head. I hid behind a tree. Sighing. Trying to catch myself and center my thoughts and feeling.  

"I saw your fight at the preliminaries you relied on a Jutsu  you can't control." Riyu taunted. 

"KYO COME ON GET HIM" Naruto yelled. my eyes widened as I looked over. 

I smirked. What am I doing? I trained so much at Taijutsu trying to contribute something to everyone that I neglected myself. I never thought about what if I needed to save myself. I rely on Lee and the others to save me.  I need to stop faking confidence and build it. Lee taught me to actually work hard let's put that forward. 

I threw a kuni Quickly at Riyu who had no time to dodge. It cut his cheek. He glared before running at me. 

"Leaf hurricane" I called using the leaf hurricane to send him into the wall. I felt something pull against my side. I realized my wound opened.  Riyu noticed smirking. 

"KYO" I heard Tenten call. I quickly dodge him before kicking him in the stomach. 

I didn't notice him throw a paper bomb I luckily dodged.  

"Where did this confidence come from your gonna lose" Riyu angrily snarled before smirking. He came at me with a Kuni I dodge but he cut my cheek. The hell? Why do I feel weak? I fell to my knees glaring at him 

He laughed manically "Enjoy that poison" My eyes widden. the hell he's not supposed to kill. 

"Whoa" The proctor called before calling the match. "Are you alright" He asked me who felt a burning coming from my cheek running to my chest. 

"Kyo?" Guy sensei called I saw white before passing out. 

_____________________________________________________

I groaned sitting up.  

"Are you ok?" Tenten asked. I looked up at her. 

"Why do I have to be the one to pass out," I asked annoyed. Tenten laughed. Almost falling out of her chair. 

"Let me tell you, you have missed a lot" Tenten Spoke with the tone of someone who is about to give the bad news. "Lord third was killed" 

My eyes widened. "I see" I spoke knowing that I did indeed miss a lot. "can I be alone for a while" I asked. Tenten nodded before leaving the room. I felt tears roll down my face. Sure the old man was annoying but he provided me with a lot. Love, a home and a family. 

_____________________________________