Chapter 20

Goodbyes were being said all around the kingdom after the news of the curse that would soon befall on them. "You guys are betrothed!? And you didn't think to invite me to that momentous event?" Kurapika ranted as he paced the throne room where Gon and Killua just told the news of their engagement. Gon nervously scratched the back of his neck while Chrollo attempted to calm Kurapika down. "It was really a spur of the moment thing Pika." Gon whispered. Kurapika sent him a quick glare.

"Robbed of saying aw in the moment." Kurapika mumbles to himself, but everyone heard. Killua quickly went to Kurapika and slapped him across the face, feeling quite smug about it, finally pay back for that slap on the battle field he thought. Kurapika gaped at Killua in disbelief, while Leorio merrily gasped at the ordeal before whispering to Bisky if she had any snacks. Bisky wordlessly passed over a bag of berries. "And what was that for?!" Kurapika asked, not so calmly. Killua simply shrugged before placing his hands on Kurapika's shoulders. "You were acting crazy, you left me with no other choice really. But to make it up to you, once we figure out a way to break this curse, Gon will propose to me again."

Kurapika hummed in thought while Gon seemed to be having a crisis, because by the Gods he almost shat himself the first time, imagine doing it a second time with an audience, but atleast it would be just a formality since he already has his yes. "Very well that would be acceptable." Killua snorted at Kurapika's sudden behaviour change, causing Kurapika to shove Killua. Killua retaliated immediately, this going on for five minutes, ending with both of them wheezing on the floor.

After the laughter died down. Leorio kicked off the wall. "So how would you guys like to spend our last few hours?" He asked with a small smile, hoping to atleast spend their last moments together. "We never did quite finish that celebration from earlier." Chrollo whispers.

To say the kingdom was shocked would be an understatement. Nevertheless everyone helped set up for their celebration. Once everything was all set, the music played and everyone danced and laughed like there was no tomorrow.

The council wandered off by themselves as the sunset began. Chrollo looks to everyone with a saddened expression as his scout returns. "Its almost upon us." He whispers. Everyone is silent for a bit before Leorio slaps Chrollo on the back. "I am not sure how this new world is going to be, but I am pretty sure we're all going to be friends, maybe even me and you." Leorio says.

Kurapika chuckles and nods. He looks to Killua. "No matter what curse is placed on us, nothing will change the fact that you are my best friend. See you on the other side." Killua feels the tears threatening to spill as they hug tightly. Gon and Leorio hugging just as tightly, not seeming to want to let go as Gon whispers. "Think we will be the ones with powers in the new world?"

Leorio chuckles. "Sure as hell hope so." Chrollo pulls Kurapika in for a kiss and then hugs him tightly, he looks deeply into his eyes, not seeming to share any words out loud. I know you will be my soulmate in the next world too. I love you. Kurapika tears up and kisses Chrollo once more. I love you too. Screams are heard in the distance, the group can see a dark purple cloud slowly covering the grounds. Seeming to suck everyone in.

Killua bites his lips as he closes his eyes, the tears finally making their escape. "I am going to miss you Charming." Killua whispers as he presses his forehead against Gon's. Releasing a chuckle that holds no humour. Gon closes his eyes, tears rolling down his cheeks."I will find you Snow white, I promise." Killua opens his eyes then, Gon sensing Killua's gaze opens his as well. "We will break this curse." Killua nods at Gon's words.

"Because you and I can do anything." Killua whispers. Gon smiles softly and cups Killua's cheeks. The dark purple cloud, that seems almost electrifying once closer nears them at a fast pace, yet it almost seems tauntingly slow in this moment. "That's right Snow." Gon whispers back. Killua glances at the cloud that covers Kurapika and Chrollo now. He looks back at Gon. "I love you Gon Freeces." Gon smiles and kisses Killua's forehead, his eyes closed as he does so. "I love you Killua Zoldyck." Both of their eyes hold pained and fearful expressions as they make eye contact once more. Killua leans forward shutting his eyes, longing for one last kiss before it ends. But their lips never touch. Gon's hands seem to have dissapeared from his cheeks as the cloud finally engulfs them.