in the city

"Rue?! Come on! We gotta go, we're gonna be late." Nate shouted from the front door.

She rolled her eyes as she put on her earrings. She fixed up her hair and joined nate downstairs. She was wearing a black silk dress, with gold jewelry.

Nate wore a tux his hair was a bit longer, slicked back.

"You owe me." She groaned, feeling extremely uncomfortable in the dress.

"You look beautiful, let's go." He nudged her with him out the door.

They walked through a closed patio, surrounded by neatly placed plants and hedges with lights.

"Remember, just act interested and don't talk too much-"

"Yeah yeah I know, we've done this like five times now." She complained.

Nate just shook his head.

"You do look beautiful, Rue." He compliments, glancing at her.

She smiles softly. "Thanks."

Nate excelled at business school, thanks to Rues constant nagging and never ending shouts of encouragement. 

It worked on him, he listened to her and understood everything she said, well almost everything.

After a year and a half, Nate figured that he'd learned enough to run his father's business exactly how he wanted to, so he dropped out. 

Rue was pissed, but soon got over it after Nate revamped Jacob's & Co.

When he asked Rue to move with him to the city she was a bit taken back, along with her mom and sister.

Rue ultimately decided to go with him after weeks of nagging and bugging.

Over the last two years her and Nate never put a label on their relationship, but there was an unspoken understanding.

They lived together, slept together and even worked together a lot.

Turns out Rues masterful plan-constructing skills came in handy when it came to real-estate.

 She was his partner, it's not really the lifestyle that she envisioned but it was comfortable, and she was happy with it, mostly. 

She'd never spoken to Elliot or Jules after the day they told her mom about the pills.

She missed them, even Jules, she couldn't ever see her with her again, but she hated the way things had ended and wanted to do something about it.

The pair were heading out to a banquet, it was for all the new and upcoming real-estate groups in LA.

This was Nate's big night, he was giving a speech and plenty of inversions were going to be there so they had to look good.

Nate opened the door to their nice black Mercedes', she stepped in and he hopped in after, riding off towards the event.

"Since Gia's coming to town tomorrow to stay with us for the weekend I was thinking we could spend a day at the beach." Nate suggested with his eyes on the road.

"I'd like that, she's gonna be so excited." Rue smiled to herself.

"She always is."

"Yeah but the last time she came into town it was when we were staying in that studio. All of this is gonna be pretty fuckin crazy for her." She joked, earning a chuckle out of Nate.

"Yeah well we'll have plenty of stuff to do, we'll have fun." He said optimistically.

Rue smiled at him, proud of the progress he's made as a person. He wasn't to bitter or so mean anymore, and his motives didn't revolve around hate or trauma like they used to.

~

"Do we really gotta do this?" Ashtray complained as Suze took his measurements.

"Yes! We 'gotta do this;" She mocked his accent playfully as she wrapped the tape measurer around his waist. "You think I'm gonna send you out there without a nice suit?"

"I'm just boxing." He shrugged.

"In the heart of LA! They're gonna have you and Cassie in a nice hotel in with money for food at a nice restaurant together. You want to look the part." She advised.

Ash felt a slight blush form in his cheeks. "If you say so."

Suze finished up getting his measurements, finally letting Ash free.

He found Lexi and Cassie watching some reality tv show, taking a hard pass from that he decided to write to Fez.

He did that a lot when he was bored or missed him, he pulled out a piece of paper from his desk and clicked his pen.

Fez,

It's been kinda tough without you. I got this tv interview thing to do this weekend, me and Cas are staying at some fancy place for it. I wish you coulda talked to her more before you left, your gonna love her when you meet her again. Honestly she's the only think keepin me trying.

Anyways, I miss you bro, I'll see you soon.

-Ashtray