New Year and a New Life

Start from the beginning

Suddenly Damon was jerked off of me and I just felt a hand over my mouth. "Get a grip!" Klaus growled. "I can smell your blood all over this place."

I blinked in surprise and my head spun.

When my eyes could focus, it was on Damon's face. "You get her home this instant!" Klaus barked with a grasp on Damon's shirt. "Now!" He led both of us toward the entrance like some bouncer and left us there.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked breathing heavy.

I nodded, breathing just as hard, and then I could feel a wicked smile make it's way over my face. Damon watched me intently with his darkened eyes and then the smirk spread on his face as well. He put his arm around my neck and led me firmly out of there at the sound of people counting down from ten and fireworks were blasting over our heads as we got in a cab towards our hotel.

"Are you sure I didn't hurt you." He whispered in my ear and resumed to kissing my neck again. The only answer he got was a moan as I pulled him closer to me again.

We could barely contain ourselves from the taxi to the elevator, but once in there, we were out of the public eye again and like magnets we were forced together. When we got to our floor, Damon swept me up in his arms and carried me giggling like a bride towards our wedding-night.

Your average bride usually doesn't have bite-marks, I've heard.

* * * * *

I was actually surprised to find my neck healed as I looked at my reflection in the mirror the next morning. "Wow, it's healed."

"Yeah, didn't you notice Klaus giving you blood last night?" Surprised I whipped my head around towards Damon. "You didn't?" He smirked and I just gaped. "Yeah, I'm sorry I bit you!" He scrunched his face in a guilty look.

I just smiled. "Don't." I said soft and slid my arms around his strong waist. "I wasn't exactly screaming no." I smirked.

The crooked smile returned. "No, you weren't." He said soft. "And if we're being honest; I'm not sorry..."

Sounds in the next room made us just give each other a kiss, and then I reluctantly left him to see Anna.

"So what have you found out about your ancestors?" I asked when she and I sat down for breakfast.

"That's actually quite interesting!" Anna said with a proud expression. "The ones that we couldn't find answers about, was convicted and killed."

"Convicted?"

"Yes, during those records, three of the women in my lineage have been convicted as witches."

"Wow, witches!" I was intrigued.

"Yes, the latest was my great grandmother, and they were all on the maternal side of the family, even if it has skipped a few generations in between."

"Are you telling me it's genetic?"

She nodded. "As far as we have found out, it is."

"So... you might be a witch?" I said impressed. "That is so cool!" But then I thought. "How do you know if you're a witch or not?"

Anna shrugged. "I guess you have to try."

We both thought about it for a while. "I think I would want somebody to teach me the basics first, like Amariya."

"What do you want my sister for?" Klaus asked as he and Damon joined us.

"To teach Anna the basics."

"Basics?" Damon wanted to know.

"About being a witch."

"Oh, a career-change?" Damon simply said.

"I've already fixed that." Klaus announced. "We're meeting a witch down town around three." He said with a glance at his watch.

"Are you connected everywhere?" I asked a bit on the sour side.

"Don't pout, luv. If you had been around for a thousand years, you had known some people around as well." He fired off one of his charming smiles, but Anna interrupted our bickering.

"So, you've decided I should be a witch?" She asked Klaus.

"One shall always live up to one's potentials, luv!" His eyes glistened. "I waited a thousand years to activating my full potential as a hybrid."

I was amazed as always when I thought about his age, myself I could hardly think of what my life would be like in ten years.

We all sat quiet, until Anna spoke. "A witch it is then..."

"Good girl!" Klaus kissed her temple and I noted her cheeks tinting slightly pink. I started to think of my own fullest potential; was that my teaching job?

Surely not!

Perhaps I could become a writer, publishing stories about vampires on writing communities?

Damon's hand on my thigh squeezed me slightly for reassurance, probably feeling my inner turmoil. Whatever the future held, I knew I would be okay as long as I had him by my side.

* * * * *

During Anna's first visit to the witch community in this town we joined them. I was waiting for them to expose Klaus and Damon, but even if I noted them go on alert, I just smiled to reassure them that everything was okay, and neither of them said anything about it. It was a little interesting at first with the basics, but I didn't get it at all and it was a lot of practicing and meditation. I just ended up eyeballing Damon, so after that first session, we decided it was best that Klaus and Anna got there by themselves.

Damon and I enjoyed the company of each other in absence of our friends. We ended up taking slow walks in town and taking the ferry over to the beautiful areas of nature walks.

"This is a beautiful city, with islands like New York." Damon said as we strolled hand in hand in the snow-covered winter parks.

"Yes it is. This town is like a lot of islands connected with bridges and subways or ferry-lines." I explained. "You should be here in the summer..." I smiled flirtatious.

He wrapped me in his arms. "Maybe we'll stay."

I just smiled and sighed; none of us seemed to dare to think about the future at all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Perhaps she could become a writer, publishing stories about vampires on writing communities?

What do you think?

.