Chapter 20

It was close to the end of the year, we were preparing for prom and with the help from the guys, I was gonna prom-pose to Anna today. They helped me make a sign and everything.

"I'm hoping she says yes." Deuce said.

"Of course she will, she's my girlfriend." I said.

"I'm still hoping." He said.

We all stood in a line in the gym. Me, George, Deuce, Charlie, Dylan, and Kurlzz. Anna walked in, looking beautiful as always. I held up the sign as Charlie played some cheesy romantic music shit.

Anna nodded her head yes as I hugged her.

"I love you so much." She said.

"I love you too." I said.

I made it to where nobody else from the school saw it or the rumors would come, but Deuce video taped it because he knew I liked keeping memories.

The bell rang for lunch and I took Anna's hand, walking with her to lunch.

"That made my day so much better. I've been feeling so overwhelmed lately." Anna said.

"I'm glad it made you feel better. I always want to cheer you up." I said.

"I love you Jorel." She said.

"I love you Anna." I said.

We went to our new spot and sat down. Anna was still looking overwhelmed so I placed my hand on her thigh. I knew she liked it.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Don't be. It's my fault for running." She said.

"But it's your dream." I said.

"I know, I just didn't know how overwhelming it would be until now, keeping everything organized." She said.

"You'll be okay. I promise." I said as I kissed her forehead.

"Get a room!" Charlie said.

"Shut it you get no bitches." I said.

"Only when I show my weenie." He said.

"You sound like a 10 year old saying that." Deuce said, laughing.

"Enough about me, is Jorel the only one with a prom date?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah pretty much." Dylan said.

"What happened to Amy?" Deuce asked Dylan.

"She's long gone. She cheated on me with some dude named Christian Hitchcock." He said.

"HitchCOCK." Charlie said.

We all busted out laughing. The school day ended finally and I was so glad I got to spend it with Anna. It was the weekend and she didn't have anything to do and she didn't have student council after school on Friday's.

"I'll meet you at your house." Anna said.

I nodded as I got in my car, driving home. My dad's car was gone again. I figured he was in a meeting or just out. He texted me he would be gone anyway. I walked inside and set my keys and backpack down. I took off my flannel, it was pretty hot out. I also got some comfortable shorts on. I kept my hat on because well it just went with the look.

"Anna's here." Anna said, walking inside.

"Finally." I said, hugging her.

"I'm sorry, I had to stop by to get gas." She said.

"Don't be sorry it's okay." I said.

"Alright. I need to sit down." She said.

"You okay baby?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just feel like my hearts heavy and I keep shaking and I just want to cry." She said.

"Come here." I said.

She stood back up, she started crying as I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tight.

"Deep breaths." I whispered.

Anna finally calmed down and I took her to my room, setting a glass of water on the nightstand. I held her in my arms, running my fingers along her arm. It seemed to relax her.

"I'm sorry I was just really overwhelmed and I couldn't hold it in longer." Anna said.

"Babe you don't need to be sorry for that. You had an anxiety attack and it's common, trust me." I said.

"I just don't want to have that again." She said.

"We'll do our best to make it stop. I'll help you with anything that you need." I said.

"Thank you Jorel." She said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She said as she turned to me, facing me.

I kissed her. I hated seeing her so overwhelmed. She fell asleep in my arms, so I decided to just fall asleep.